Windows 10: Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox

Discus and support Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I've now confirmed that the reason my Lenovo computer and now my Intel NUC were overclocking was a well known issue with Dropbox and Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaeldover1, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox

Hi, I've now confirmed that the reason my Lenovo computer and now my Intel NUC were overclocking was a well known issue with Dropbox and Microsoft Search engine such that it is constantly running and the i7 is running like 4000gz instead of 2000gz for normal operations! The solution is well documented; stop using Microsoft search and use thesearchman when you need to find a file! problem solved! But unfortunately, thesearchman won't find an email. Are there any freestanding indexing services that will index just outlook emails? Here's another strategy I might try: resume Windows indexing but search only my C drive my Dropbox is drive E. then it would keep my email searchable. Make sense?

[Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Office 2016]

:)

michaeldover1, Nov 2, 2020
  2. LCRT Win User

search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

LCRT, Nov 2, 2020
  3. changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox

Not searching my dropbox

Hi Erie,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

You may answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Do you have the Dropbox app installed on the problem PC?
    • Did you make any changes to the problem PC?

If the app is installed, then to access your Dropbox folders, open up the File Explorer on the PC and you'll see the icon in the side bar on the left.

Try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

• Go to Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Search and Indexing to run the tool.

You can also try to rebuild the index in the Dropbox to check if that helps.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start, type indexing and click on Indexing Options in search results.
    • In the Indexing Options dialog, click Advanced. Under Troubleshooting section, click Rebuild.
    Note that if Windows detects user activity in the system, indexing is slowed down drastically. After a couple of minutes of no user activity, indexing continues in full swing.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox

1. Windows Search Engine and Outlook and Dropbox - Similar Threads - Search Engine Outlook

2. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  3. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  4. search engine

in Cortana
    search engine: pretty interesting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/b4e24788-6491-449b-9baa-ff6b35bd2bc2
  5. Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my...: Search engine in outlook applications does not perform for searching information of my business and personal calendars. can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-in-outlook-applications-does-not/ef5d8008-806a-4a34-bfc9-2e621a1e20e7
  6. search engine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine: google search was replaced by yahoo search, how to restore google search? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine/3b31887b-e6d9-4320-9337-54dae9602e63
  7. Windows search Engine

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search Engine: Hi, how to fix the windows search engine. It is still not working. What could be the reason behind it? thanks! regards, pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-engine/b64112cb-7853-49a8-aa2c-9c4ea46dcfc2
  8. Search Engines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Engines: All my 'pc' life I have used Google but recently have been observing some disturbing trends with them; both political and privacy. Finally, I decided to try another and did a 'google' search for a good unbiased search engine with privacy (alleged). I am trialing duckduckgo on...
  9. search engines

in Browsers and Email
    search engines: Here lately, search engines are not doing what they are designed to do. AS an example ,if I type in something like, “how to clean old furniture’ instead of taking me to links that gives information I want, they take me to links for other search engines that will do the same...
  10. Search Engine

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Engine: How to add a chrome search engine 78340