Windows 10: Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

Discus and support Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello community.Recently windows search fields and menus have started to scroll with no physical input from myself. The direction of the infinite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Carl and SamanthaPanco, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

Hello community.Recently windows search fields and menus have started to scroll with no physical input from myself. The direction of the infinite scrolling appears to be upwards. I have tried several solutions such as removing ghost drivers, disconnecting all devices save for keyboard and mouse, using alternate keyboard and mouse, unplugging keyboard and mouse while observing the scrolling to assess any changes no changes uninstalling and reinstalling mouse and keyboard drivers and disabling an automatic mouse scroll function via windows. The issue still persists. This issue only seems to

:)

Carl and SamanthaPanco, Nov 25, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

How To Enable Typing Into Search Field (Cortana field?)

You could try this:

In the Start menu
    - scroll to Cortana
    - right click > more > app settings
    - scroll down to "reset", give it a second

See if it works.

Umm, if you're on 1803 don't go for 1809 (pulled by MS 'cos of major problems).

The search field at the bottom is kind of linked to Cortana, being the one Cortana uses too. But you can disable Cortana and have that search field present.

There are tutorials on resetting the Start menu which may help.

Do you mean you are not receiving routine Windows updates, or that you haven't received 1809? Given the reports on the latter, you may be glad you didn't.

Check your Update History (Settings) to see when you last received an update and the outcome of that.

dalchina, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. BigMack70 Win User

Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

1. Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own. - Similar Threads - search fields menus

2. Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.: Hello community.Recently windows search fields and menus have started to scroll with no physical input from myself. The direction of the infinite scrolling appears to be upwards. I have tried several solutions such as removing ghost drivers, disconnecting all devices save for...
  3. Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows search fields and menus scrolling on their own.: Hello community.Recently windows search fields and menus have started to scroll with no physical input from myself. The direction of the infinite scrolling appears to be upwards. I have tried several solutions such as removing ghost drivers, disconnecting all devices save for...
  4. Windows menus scroll up endlessly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows menus scroll up endlessly: I have a Windows 10 laptop. All Windows menus Start, WiFi, the right-click menu for taskbar icons, etc. just scroll up over and over and over again. I am not able to click anything in these menus. I restarted the computer and it didn't fix anything....
  5. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  6. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in windows menus: So I have a G502 mouse wired on a desktop with razer keyboard's I have updated drivers, moved USB ports, ran sfc /scannow, disabled scrolling in inactive windows moved mouse's, restarted, troubleshoot. and done complete resets. I am having the problem where in all windows...
  7. Scrolling in windows menus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Auto Scrolling In Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling In Menus: Whenever I open the Windows Start menu and settings menus the selection automatically scrolls up. At first it was scrolling down and I thought it was just a glitch that would go away with a restart of my laptop or update but no, now it scrolls up instead for some reason. Is...
  9. Scrolling on Windows menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scrolling on Windows menus: Hi, I'm having a bug where on windows system menus search bar, device manager it automatically scrolls to the bottom. This makes it impossible to use the search bar and frustrating to use other features. I have reinstalled drivers for mouse and keyboard but it's not an issue...
  10. Scrolling in Cascading Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scrolling in Cascading Menus: Can't remember if I inquired about this before but, is there a way to be able to scroll (mouse wheel) in Quick Launch cascading menus, instead of having to 'pin point' the little arrow at the bottom and letting it self-scroll in the slow default manner? [img] 51107