Windows 10: Windows search finds other local users' files

Discus and support Windows search finds other local users' files in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10. The OS is on one drive, but I've redirected each local user's Documents and Desktop to a second hard drive. When I use Windows... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by [JMK], Dec 13, 2019.

1. [JMK] Win User

Windows search finds other local users' files

I'm using windows 10. The OS is on one drive, but I've redirected each local user's Documents and Desktop to a second hard drive. When I use Windows search (the search box near the start button), I find, and can open, files in other local users' Documents and Desktop libraries.

How do I stop that from happening?

:)

[JMK], Dec 13, 2019
  2. hostelcat Win User

Search not finding all files

Hi everyone,

We recently purchased two new Acer PC's running Windows 10 on a HDD. We also bought a SSD for each device which I then cloned the HDD to the SSD to decrease startup time. Please note that since cloning I have not formated or deleted any data on the HDD and the PC's have both the SSD and the HDD but the windows is loading from the SSD. Since then I have noticed that the search function does not find anything on the SSD (C: Drive), but if I move the file to the HDD (D: Drive) it finds it perfectly fine. I have done everything suggested by Windows 10 Search Not Working Fix including rebuilding the indexing but it is still not finding the files. I can even go into a folder on the SSD and search for a file in that folder using the local search and it still comes up empty. One thing I noticed is that when choosing the indexing files, even when I select the C: Drive, it does not show up on this list of included locations. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

Windows search finds other local users' files [​IMG]

hostelcat, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 13, 2019
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows search finds other local users' files - Similar Threads - search finds local

2. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  3. Can't find local and users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find local and users: I don't see local and users in computer management so when I ever try to download lusrmgr file and connect it, I can't. When I use mmc.exe, file, add, and local users and group,, says "This snapin may not be used with this edition error". How to fix it?...
  4. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Cortana
    Windows Search no longer search for local files: Ever since I posted that Slideshow is not working, and was told that a fix was simply rebuilding the Index, my Windows Search is now broken.It could no longer display local files, even though it's indexed, it's now showing results from the web.This shows that Microsoft needs...
  5. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search no longer search for local files: Ever since I posted that Slideshow is not working, and was told that a fix was simply rebuilding the Index, my Windows Search is now broken.It could no longer display local files, even though it's indexed, it's now showing results from the web.This shows that Microsoft needs...
  6. Windows Search no longer search for local files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  8. "Other Users" not localized

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Other Users" not localized: Hello, please help me get out of my baffled state. My hard drive is "full", or so the system says, and can't accommodate new downloads. Settings-Systems-Storage suggests that about half the drive is taken up by "Other Users". But when I go to investigate who they are, I...
  9. Cannot Find other users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Find other users: I cannot find other users on my PC that I used to see. They can no longer log into the computer. I am using Windows 10 Home. When I try to add them again, I am told they are already added to the PC. But they are not there. What do I do?...
  10. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...