Windows 10: Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps

Discus and support Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a problem with Windows Search, it seems to be bugged.It finds apps that I have uninstalled (plex is an example), and it doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Rokcy98, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Windows Search, it seems to be bugged.It finds apps that I have uninstalled (plex is an example), and it doesn't find new installed apps (parsec). I've tried to uninstall and reinstall again some apps (ccleaner as an example), and it still finds them, but I cannot click on to open them or go to their file path.

It seems like it stopped updating the app list, and I've tried restarting the service, rebuilding index, but nothing helped.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

https://imgur.com/NaUuz6I

https://imgur.com/wEFBI4x

https://imgur.com/tGeyIjF

submitted by /u/Rokcy98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Rokcy98, Sep 15, 2020
  2. rezpower Win User

Uninstall or change a program (Some installed apps not listed) !

Hi guys and thanks for your replies.
    As you suggested Irene I have them listed in "All apps" but it's still not normal not having them listed in windows 10 uninstall app!
    And Roy Computer>C>Users>yourname>appdata>local has all the apps that are currently in " Uninstall or change a program" but
    the apps that are not there are not in this folder either!
    Anyway I find this to be a strange behavior on windows 10 (never had this with any other version). Is this a bug? anyone else have this problem?

rezpower, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Hello Geoff, Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps :)

Q1) If it's a built-in app, then the user can restore the app using that tutorial only if the app was uninstalled for their account and not for all users. Being able to restore an app that was uninstalled for all users using the PowerShell command is currently broken in Windows, and break all built-in apps if used. The only way to restore them then is to do a repair install.

Q2) That's correct. If a built-in app is not listed in under step 3 in OPTION TWO, then it can't and be uninstalled. Those would be apps that are used by Windows, and shouldn't be uninstalled. For example, Microsoft Edge.

Q3) I haven't tied it to know, but I would assume that to be so.

Brink, Sep 15, 2020
  4. WacoJohn Win User

Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled.

Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps [​IMG]

Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW.

A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The first is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps [​IMG]

and the 2nd reference is here:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

I am assuming removing these from the Registry will clean up the Apps and Features List of Phoenix OS(?)

Any and all advice is appreciated in advance.

Edit: The second registry reference is at:

Computer\HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1742390423-1095737228-4217987103-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PhoenixOS

WacoJohn, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps

1. Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps - Similar Threads - Search finds uninstalled

2. Windows 10 search bar does not find new apps installed

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar does not find new apps installed: This problem goes on from some time, but the start menù cannot find any new app I install yet it still find any other file. I found similar problems and I tried all the proposed solutions. This is what I did: I rebuild the index file two times and moved it's locationchecked...
  3. Windows 10 search bar does not find new apps installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar does not find new apps installed: This problem goes on from some time, but the start menù cannot find any new app I install yet it still find any other file. I found similar problems and I tried all the proposed solutions. This is what I did: I rebuild the index file two times and moved it's locationchecked...
  4. Windows 10 search bar does not find new apps installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't find an app's uninstall registry

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find an app's uninstall registry: I wanted to manually delete an app called "Roblox" using the registry editor, I tried to use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\UninstallandHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstallto find the apps uninstall...
  6. uninstalling an app I can't find.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    uninstalling an app I can't find.: HelloI want to uninstall the Tombola bingo app but it's not listed in the control pane' or in apps and features. I simply can' find it. I'm not terribly computer savvy so any help would be appreciated....
  7. Can’t find Apps to uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t find Apps to uninstall: So I’m trying to clear up space so I can do a factory reset on my laptop and it says I have over 7.5 GB dedicated to Apps and Games. However when I select the option to go uninstall things, the total space of everything listed adds up to a max of 1 GB. So where did the other...
  8. Search bar doesn't find an installed app

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't find an installed app: Hello. I saw in control panel I have an aplicationamd radeon settings at uninstall sections. I right clicked on desktop and amd settings were not showing up. I went to start menu, and the app were not here, too. So I searched in the search bar for amd settings. Windows was...
  9. not able to find installed apps and programs on windows search

in Cortana
    not able to find installed apps and programs on windows search: im not able to find and see apps which i download from microsoft store . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-find-installed-apps-and-programs-on/a82bdb89-1a65-4c17-a6e1-32593fcd422a
  10. Finding and Uninstalling Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Finding and Uninstalling Apps: Had a severe brain injury in 1999. am 67 & have a processing & memory problem. where do i find my apps on my computer as i keep going into google my apps.? i am trying to find out also how to delete my apps my children put on but i don't use like zoosk? [Original Title:...