Windows 10: Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry

Discus and support Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry in Cortana to solve the problem; So, I know that I can do a windows search for a specific date taken when searching through my photos. But, I would like to search for all of the photos... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jarichardusa, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry

So, I know that I can do a windows search for a specific date taken when searching through my photos. But, I would like to search for all of the photos which do not have a date taken entry in its properties. Is there a way to do that? If so, Which syntax would I use in the search bar to do this? I Suppose that I could simply sort by date taken within the folder and then select all of the ones with blank entries that way, but there are a lot of different folders and doing this over and over would be extremely time consuming.

:)

Jarichardusa, Nov 12, 2020
  2. RachelJai Win User

How to organize photos by Date Taken AND Date Modified

Hi.

I have over 2000 photos on a jump drive that I have imported over the past 5 years. I'm trying to organize them by chronological order with "Date Modified" but there was a glitch and about 200 photos all have the same date when they were taken in a span
    of 4 months. I tried organizing them by "Date Taken" but screenshot photos don't have a "Date Taken" timestamp. Is there a way I can organize photos by "Date Taken" AND organize photos by "Date Modified" (if they don't have "Date Taken.")

Any other suggestions or third party programs that converts the "Date Taken" TO "Date Modified"????

Let me know if this isn't clear!

Thanks.

Rachel

RachelJai, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Fredrik P Win User
    Search for photos without photo date on Windows 10

On Windows 10, it is fairly easy to search for photos taken within some date range. However, I would like to search for all photos that are missing metadata on when the photo was taken. Is there any way I can do that?

Fredrik P, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry

Photo App ignoring Date Taken of pictures

I file my Pictures in folders for Year. Within the Year, pictures are filed by Date Taken.

When I open the Photo App, the pictures are listed by Year, but not in Date Taken sequence.

Win 10 up to date

Bill

WilliamAndersen, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry

1. Windows search for photos without a “date taken" entry - Similar Threads - search photos without

2. Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downloaded photo "date taken" incorrect in Windows 10: I have downloaded thousands of pictures from Google Photos. The pictures have correct metadata in Google Photos, including "date taken", for all photos.However, in WIndows 10, the "data taken" for photos sent to me by others has been changed to the download date. The "date...
  3. Bulk rename photos to date taken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bulk rename photos to date taken: I have found old discussions that offer this link gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Rename-picture-files-with-97738191 but that is redirected to TechNet gallery. Is there an updated script that works with Windows 11?...
  4. Bulk rename photos to date taken

Bulk rename photos to date taken: I have found old discussions that offer this link gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Rename-picture-files-with-97738191 but that is redirected to TechNet gallery. Is there an updated script that works with Windows 11?...
  5. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken: HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning...
  6. Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search results not showing Date Taken: HiI hope someone can help. I attached a USB C SSD to my PC with all my photos in order to be able to search for photos with no date taken properties. I added the SSD to the indexing options and indexing is complete. When I run the search datetaken:[] the search is returning...
  7. uploading photos by date taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uploading photos by date taken: HI,in windows 7 I used to be able to import photos from an sd card so they would automatically go into the photos folder in file explorer organized by date taken.I cannot get windows 10 photos to do this. I'd love to know how i do itthanks...
  8. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

Photos not displayed by Taken Date: I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled. The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date. File Explorer has a Folder for My...
  9. Organize Photos by Date Taken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Organize Photos by Date Taken: I recently purchased a new computer from Best Buy that came with Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos that I want to organize by DATE TAKEN. All I could get Windows 10 to do was organize them into 3 categories: LAST WEEK, LAST YEAR, and A LONG TIME AGO. Those may not be...
  10. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...