Windows 10: windows search function getting even worse?

Discus and support windows search function getting even worse? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; for years now i've used the search function to open any program .. be it chrome, steam, settings or whatever. and the search was so consistent for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iRunFromTrolls, Apr 11, 2023.

1. windows search function getting even worse?

for years now i've used the search function to open any program .. be it chrome, steam, settings or whatever. and the search was so consistent for years that typing one letter was enough and i just typed c for chrome, L for league of legends and S for sound options. suddenly when typing S starts steam. after years. out of nowhere. aight. now i have to type SO for the sound options to come .. that worked for a month now .. and suddenly typing SO gives me solitaire????? i have never searched for solitaire in my life? wtf is this why is windows changing the search function to be worse?

submitted by /u/iRunFromTrolls
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iRunFromTrolls, Apr 11, 2023
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2023 Guide)

MattCorey, Apr 11, 2023
  3. search function

Hello,

A possible cause of this issue is a corrupted index. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index. Rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index will get rid of corruptions. For the steps on how to perform this procedure, please follow the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Indexing Options.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced. Click Yes, if prompted or enter the administrative password.
    • Go to Index Settings tab.
    • Click Rebuild.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    The process may take a while to finish depending on your PC.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Apr 11, 2023
  4. Arun B J Win User

windows search function getting even worse?

Windows 10 search function not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic

Method 1: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 11, 2023
Thema:

windows search function getting even worse?

1. windows search function getting even worse? - Similar Threads - search function getting

2. Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?: How i see it..Over time, to me it seems Windows os has become less and less of an operating system and progressively more into just a bundled collection of many things that you dont really need, never wanted and are stuck with clogging up your system adding additional...
  3. Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Windows Improving or Getting Worse?: How i see it..Over time, to me it seems Windows os has become less and less of an operating system and progressively more into just a bundled collection of many things that you dont really need, never wanted and are stuck with clogging up your system adding additional...
  4. Windows search function

in Cortana
    Windows search function: My windows taskbar can't search anything, it crashes instantly and consistently regardless of how many times I try to search anything, the file explorer search function is also broken in the same way, windows troubleshooting could not find any problems with the system, when I...
  5. Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol: Is that true that windows getting worse and worse with updates or features lol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-that-true-that-windows-getting-worse-and-worse/021ce365-52b9-4239-a05a-ca1ac587fb82
  6. Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-fi progressively getting worse and worse: Over the last several months up to possibly a year, my PC’s wi-fi connection has steadily gotten worse and worse. I went from having a fairly stable connection just about every session to not being able to connect to the Internet without having to restart or turn off and then...
  7. Windows search function

in Cortana
    Windows search function: Earlier this month I had good advice from JohnDev about updating an elderly laptop and the non-working Window search function. I though I'd solved that problem but things haven't quite turned out as I'd hoped. The laptop Compaq Presario V6500 with 4Gb RAM is now running...
  8. Windows laptop getting worse

Windows laptop getting worse: On my friends girlfriends laptop (some surface laptop) I was doing homebrew stuff for his wii. Everything was fine until the next day they told me the main drive had a padlock with a yellow triangle. It progressed to the desktop missing to not being able to boot the os. What...
  9. Windows search not functioning

Windows search not functioning: Is it only me or others are also having problems. my windows search is not working when i type in some app name...even fully it's only showing files but not apps...can someone please help me with this? Thanks.... I'm a windows insider...btw...up to date... updated. submitted...
  10. Bluetooth speaker functionality gets progressively worse with each update

Bluetooth speaker functionality gets progressively worse with each update: Hi! I am using a JBL GO 2 (bluetooth speaker) on my Dell 7520. At first it worked fine but since summer, using it with windows 10 turned into a nightmare. Here is my storyline: Bought bt speaker, paired with W10, works fine. An update later.. When computer wakes up from...