Windows 10: Windows search function is broken.

Discus and support Windows search function is broken. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new PC and install windows 10 on it. Then i connected my old Laptop drive to quick copy all of my documents. When I reconnect my... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Erik Buenrostro, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Windows search function is broken.

Hi, I recently built a new PC and install windows 10 on it. Then i connected my old Laptop drive to quick copy all of my documents. When I reconnect my old drive to my old Laptop, the Windows 10 search function didn't work. I cant search files or programs, many of the programs cant be use any more, the installation is broken sometimes, the Mega syncs have problems with files permission. I try so many YouTube tutorials about how to fix indexation problems but any of this work for me.Any suggestions?

:)

Erik Buenrostro, Sep 29, 2021
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2021 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Function broken search button

Function broken search button, clicking opens IE in a non-standard resolution and not bing vision. Before it introduced a Live ID with a Russian residence permit.

Phone HTC 7 Mozart with WP Mango.

RussianMan, Sep 29, 2021
  4. Windows search function is broken.

search function

Hello,

A possible cause of this issue is a corrupted index. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index. Rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index will get rid of corruptions. For the steps on how to perform this procedure, please follow the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Indexing Options.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced. Click Yes, if prompted or enter the administrative password.
    • Go to Index Settings tab.
    • Click Rebuild.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    The process may take a while to finish depending on your PC.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

Windows search function is broken.

1. Windows search function is broken. - Similar Threads - search function broken

2. Windows functions all broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows functions all broken: So my computer today randomly restarted itself when I was doing something else and when it turned back on, the audio was disabled. I tried to fix it with some commands I found online like sfc scannow and dism.exe, and both returned errors saying something wasn't working. I...
  3. Windows functions all broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows functions all broken: So my computer today randomly restarted itself when I was doing something else and when it turned back on, the audio was disabled. I tried to fix it with some commands I found online like sfc scannow and dism.exe, and both returned errors saying something wasn't working. I...
  4. Windows functions all broken

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Search is broken

in Cortana
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  6. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search is broken: [ATTACH] Hi, I need your help because for some reason, and no matter what I search, I've got Minecraft (Windows 10) that comes up first in the search thingy, it would be nice if I actually wanted to launch it, but it is bothering, since I can't press Enter to launch the...
  7. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search is broken: I am unable to click the search icon on Windows taskbar. Pressing the Win key on keyboard and then typing searched word isn't working either. Is there any known solution to fix this? (occurred after last insider update) submitted by /u/TheFluffyIron [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 search function broken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function broken: This is a re-post of a thread that I had initially believed to be answered; however, when the fix was applied (a system restore), the issue was solved. Windows updated almost immediately afterward, though, and after restarting the issue returned. [ATTACH] I have tried...
  9. Windows 10 Search Function Broken

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Function Broken: Hi all, Hi all, Just today, I got this issue while trying to use Windows 10 to search (I think it's Cortana search): [ATTACH] When I type anything into the search engine (like 'paint' above), nothing shows up - it is just completely black. I rebooted, shut down, and...
  10. Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions: Hi All, Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the software for our organization is installed, and a test user logs into the Virtual machine for the first time, Cortana and search...