Windows 10: Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

Discus and support Windows Search has Ceased Functioning in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NeilStevenson4, Mar 22, 2022.

1. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text control is disabled, and the search feature on the task bar allows me to click on it, but it doesn't open up the search. I routinely have the search feature hidden from the taskbar I used the Explorer one when needed and showing it provides the magnifying glass button, but no text box to type into.In addition, searchin

:)

NeilStevenson4, Mar 22, 2022
  2. MattCorey Win User

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2022 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Mar 22, 2022
  3. search function

Hello,

A possible cause of this issue is a corrupted index. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index. Rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index will get rid of corruptions. For the steps on how to perform this procedure, please follow the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Indexing Options.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced. Click Yes, if prompted or enter the administrative password.
    • Go to Index Settings tab.
    • Click Rebuild.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    The process may take a while to finish depending on your PC.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Mar 22, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

Windows 10 search function not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic

Method 1: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

1. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning - Similar Threads - Search has Ceased

2. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  3. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  4. Windows search function

in Cortana
    Windows search function: My windows taskbar can't search anything, it crashes instantly and consistently regardless of how many times I try to search anything, the file explorer search function is also broken in the same way, windows troubleshooting could not find any problems with the system, when I...
  5. Windows search function

in Cortana
    Windows search function: Earlier this month I had good advice from JohnDev about updating an elderly laptop and the non-working Window search function. I though I'd solved that problem but things haven't quite turned out as I'd hoped. The laptop Compaq Presario V6500 with 4Gb RAM is now running...
  6. camera has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera has ceased to work: having a real problem with the camera on my dell laptop, has just stopped working and cannot gat any help regarding this, have checked all sorts, running Norton, but that seems ok, cannot find cameras in setting, just seems to have disappeared, need help please as I can no...
  7. Windows search not functioning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not functioning: Is it only me or others are also having problems. my windows search is not working when i type in some app name...even fully it's only showing files but not apps...can someone please help me with this? Thanks.... I'm a windows insider...btw...up to date... updated. submitted...
  8. the laptop has all but ceased

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the laptop has all but ceased: what do I do when I get [ShellClassInfo] LocaliseResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787 this all came from a Microsoft download what next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-has-all-but-ceased/6543fa7e-915d-4c12-9275-27f1c064986c
  9. sound icon has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound icon has ceased to work: After recent windows10 update, sound icon on task bar now ceased to work. Any answers please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/sound-icon-has-ceased-to-work/81ccb92e-b518-4477-9095-ad07cf301b63
  10. Onedrive has ceased to sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has ceased to sync: Re-installing seemed to do the trick - many thanks! @DrAS Great! Glad that worked out for you! *Smile