Windows 10: Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly

Discus and support Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey there Redditors. So I realized my Windows Search thumbnails are busted. The apps themselves are fine. If I click the Windows Key and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Crystallizationz, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly

Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly G8RjNgOk8Yq6Yo7zVhq4vP0mIw3OE2Sb5BsXPEp1BIk.jpg

Hey there Redditors.

So I realized my Windows Search thumbnails are busted. The apps themselves are fine. If I click the Windows Key and scroll to the app I want, the icons are there - but whenever I click the Search here for an application it displays these icons:

https://preview.redd.it/9aclc8rbzr6...bp&s=7f87a73378b4d6e96be97578e0956e2393e9d237

Searching for any application displays the same icon, which is strange because, besides the Windows Search messing it up, everything else is fine. Windows is completely updated. This is purely a Q.o.L fix.

https://preview.redd.it/2lec6igtzr6...bp&s=157ff684f0e0e4d16a50418654edc02db2172eb5

Not sure how to go about fixing this. Any help is appreciated - thank you for taking the time to read this!

submitted by /u/Crystallizationz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Crystallizationz, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly

Some icons will not display properly

Hi,

Having blank application icons on your desktop can be caused by many factors such as file corruption, icon cache issues, and more. To narrow down the issue, we need to ask a few questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have your done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you reset the Windows Explorer process from
    Task Manager which may correct this type of issue. Below are the steps to do it:

• Right-click on your task bar, then choose Task Manager.
    • Highlight Windows Explorer on the Processes
      tab.
    • Click Restart.

You can also try running the System File Checker tool and
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management
    with the steps on this
    link
    . This will scan and correct system file corruption which may be causing your icons to be blank.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly

1. Windows Search Icons Not Displaying Properly - Similar Threads - Search Icons Displaying

2. The icons of Windows Store apps aren't properly displayed on Windows Search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The icons of Windows Store apps aren't properly displayed on Windows Search: Hello. I'm a Windows 10 user. My icons of apps downloaded and installed from Windows store are now blank on Windows Search.I tried resetting Windows Store and even those apps and then reinstall them but nothing worked. Please help!...
  3. My Search Icons aren't displaying properly

in Cortana
    My Search Icons aren't displaying properly: Hi Guys! For some reason, whenever I type an app that Microsoft gives like Calculator or Mail, it shows a different icon, i recently updated all my Microsoft Store apps, the new icons dont come on the search, but on the taskbar and the apps list they come! Please help me...
  4. Taskbar icons not displaying properly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons not displaying properly?: [IMG] submitted by /u/DanganKichi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jxyfpk/taskbar_icons_not_displaying_properly/
  5. Windows 10 apps icons cannot display properly in the search bar.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 apps icons cannot display properly in the search bar.: Win32 apps can be displayed correctly, but UWP apps cannot. [ATTACH] I've tried to fix by removing the "IconCache.db" but the problem still exists. Is there a way to reinstall the "Search" app?...
  6. Wifi Icon not display properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wifi Icon not display properly: Hi, after I update my windows 10 to latest version, the Wifi icon becomes weird. Please help. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-icon-not-display-properly/8addc47d-2e92-4d27-8022-75cc48912c4d
  7. Icons not displaying in search

in Cortana
    Icons not displaying in search: When I am searching for applications, some of the icons do not display [ATTACH] I had tried removing cache as suggested in other posts but to no avail. I realized that most of the icons that do not display are the ones downloaded from the Microsoft store....
  8. Folder Icons not displaying properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Icons not displaying properly: So this happened today in the afternoon, I was trying to download a file and the folder didn't show up ( Screenshot 1), so when I went to the Drive. It was showing all the folders that I have but It was showing the Icon is a weird way ( Screenshot 2). I don't know why. Can...
  9. DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DESKTOP ICON NOT DISPLAYING PROPERLY: On window 10 on my laptop 75% of my icons are a little white box with dialogue at the bottom of them to say what they are if I enlarge them they are bigger but still a blank icon Micro Soft has suggested I reinstall windows which I did but everything is still the same...
  10. Onedrive icons not displaying properly!

in Windows 10 Support
    Onedrive icons not displaying properly!: I have a very weird issue where the folder and file symbols associated with onedrive (sync, OK or ERROR symbols) are not displayed when navigating the onedrive folder on my PC. All the files and folders only display the sync symbol while the onedrive app in the taskbar shows...