Windows 10: Windows search in taskbar

Discus and support Windows search in taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I can't search though my pc from my task bar or menu start. I remember if i started typing while the menu start was open it started searching for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hilco13, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Hilco13 Win User

Windows search in taskbar

Hi,

I can't search though my pc from my task bar or menu start. I remember if i started typing while the menu start was open it started searching for what i was typing. But now its like my pc doesn't recognize i'm typing.

I 've already tried to reboot the service 'Windows search' and the trouble shooter but it ain't fixt. The troubleshooter did say the error had something to do with 'Windows search' but now it can't recognize the error.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

:)

Hilco13, Sep 26, 2020
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Windows search in taskbar

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows search in taskbar

1. Windows search in taskbar - Similar Threads - search taskbar

2. Search taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search taskbar: my search task bar quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-taskbar/b8d39b56-a926-4aa8-878e-de907b541f90
  3. The search box on the Taskbar and in Windows Explorer will not accept any typing input

in Cortana
    The search box on the Taskbar and in Windows Explorer will not accept any typing input: The search box on the taskbar will not accept any typing input. Nor will the search box in Windows Explorer. Normal behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to search", and type. New, incorrect behavior: Click in the white box where it says "Type here to...
  4. Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches

in Windows 10 News
    Add Everything Search to the Windows Taskbar for even faster searches: Everything Search is without doubt one of the fastest search tools that is available for the Windows operating system. It is a lot faster than the built-in Windows Search tool as it returns results nearly instantly, and supports lots of customization options to optimize...
  5. Search box on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box on taskbar: Since the last update for WIndows Pro, the search box on the taskbar is no longer working. I can't type anything into it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-taskbar/b7e24968-dd0f-4cf8-909c-4b794a3ac4ba
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  7. After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

in Cortana
    After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar: Today, Windows did quite a few updates. It also needed multiple restarts to install and put those updates in place. After the second set of updates, I find that I cannot type in any search bar. Not the one of my taskbar, nor any other that I've tried in Windows. I also cannot...
  8. Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work

in Cortana
    Search field in taskbar and file explorer does not work: Hi I bought my computer last week and installed Windows 10 last friday. yesterday i suddenly had problems with using the file ewplorer search function, and I don't know how to make it work again...
  9. Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search function on taskbar keeps crashing making it unusable: Hi, I use windows 10 and suddenly the search bar in the taskbar has become unusable. I have become quite used to it and hoping someone can help fix it. Everytime I click on it, it pops up as it normally would but the inside is all grey my theme colour and within 2 seconds...
  10. Frozen black screen and cursor with taskbar visible after trying to search something in the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frozen black screen and cursor with taskbar visible after trying to search something in the...: I have been facing an issue in my laptop which takes almost 30 mins to resolve. My laptop freezes with a black screen and a frozen cursor. The only thing visible is the task bar, and I am unable to do anything. I tried to use Tab + Alt for Task manager, but nothing works....