Windows 10: Windows search in taskbar

Discus and support Windows search in taskbar in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I can't search though my pc from my task bar or menu start. I remember if i started typing while the menu start was open it started searching for... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hilco13, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Hilco13 Win User

Windows search in taskbar

Hi,

I can't search though my pc from my task bar or menu start. I remember if i started typing while the menu start was open it started searching for what i was typing. But now its like my pc doesn't recognize i'm typing.

I 've already tried to reboot the service 'Windows search' and the trouble shooter but it ain't fixt. The troubleshooter did say the error had something to do with 'Windows search' but now it can't recognize the error.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance,

:)

Hilco13, Sep 26, 2020
  2. I_askYou Win User

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

When I right click on Taskbar, there is no "Search" in the list.

I_askYou, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Windows search in taskbar

Windows 10: how to restore search bar in the taskbar?

Hi Jos,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in taskbar settings.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to show search bar in the taskbar and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Search.

3. Select Search box from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit finding Search box in Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows search in taskbar

1. Windows search in taskbar - Similar Threads - search taskbar

2. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  3. Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accent Color covers the taskbar and Start Menu, but the Search remains black. Is this a Bug?: So, On Windows 11 whenever I set the start menu and Taskbar to my Favorite Color Orange. search remains the black dark mode it's always been, But in Windows 10, the accent color covers search as well, is this a bug, or just some dumb "new" Feature? because this is not funny....
  4. In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...: When booting up my PC today I saw that my search box is now a bar so I tried to change it but it is only showing off or on how do I fix this?...
  5. In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...

In Taskbar settings I cant change the look of the search bar it is only showing if I can...: When booting up my PC today I saw that my search box is now a bar so I tried to change it but it is only showing off or on how do I fix this?...
  6. Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.: Right click on taskbar apps do not open context menu. Search box input not clear after search, on search box click it randomly disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-apps-right-click-issue-search-box-issue/9d1d7e79-9246-44b6-b9ca-87bc201d9caf
  7. Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.

Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.: Right click on taskbar apps do not open context menu. Search box input not clear after search, on search box click it randomly disappears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-apps-right-click-issue-search-box-issue/9d1d7e79-9246-44b6-b9ca-87bc201d9caf
  8. Taskbar apps right click issue. Search box issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...
  10. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...