Windows 10: Windows search index/catalog gets corrupted daily.

Discus and support Windows search index/catalog gets corrupted daily. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I noticed that my Windows 10 Pro's 1909 search function stops working in a daily basis. Rig: i7-9700K, 16gigs ddr4, gtx1080. I've rebuild... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ugli---01, Jan 20, 2020.

1. ugli---01 Win User

Windows search index/catalog gets corrupted daily.

Hello, I noticed that my Windows 10 Pro's 1909 search function stops working in a daily basis.

Rig: i7-9700K, 16gigs ddr4, gtx1080.

I've rebuild the index and it works for some hours/days and then the problem comes back and search finds nothing.

I keep getting these errors in event log:

Event ID 7040

The search service has detected corrupted data files in the index {id=4810 -onecoreuap\base\appmodel\search\search\ytrip\tripoli\inverted\decodinglayeroccurrences.cpp 600}. The service will attempt to automatically correct this problem by rebuilding the index.

Details: The data is invalid. 0x8007000d 0x8007000d

Event ID 7042

The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with the indexer: The catalog is corrupt.

Details: The content index catalog is corrupt. 0xc0041801 0xc0041801

Event ID 1008

The Windows Search Service is starting up and attempting to remove the old search index {Reason: Index Corruption}.

Event ID 1019

Windows Search Service failed to process the list of included and excluded locations with the error <30, 0x80004005, "file:///G:\[c7a565aa-7a01-40d8-b5e5-6999518200c7]\">.

The search doesn't work untill I do a manual rebuild of the index.

I've set the indexing to only index two of my storage HDD's D: and E:.

System is on a nvme so I'm not indexing that nor the external ssd on G: drive.

I've disabled the indexing of .cpp files as they seem to cause problems according to the event viewer but it doesn't help. Those .cpp files always pop up on the event 7040 error.

I've also run all the common sfc and dism commands every forum suggest for this problem. They don't find any problems to fix. I don't have any external anti-virus software installed either that might mess up with things.

I have monitored this behavior for weeks now. Rebuild the index numerous times. It doesn't help as the problem keeps coming back again and again.

:)

ugli---01, Jan 20, 2020

2. Windows Index won't start

Hi Edward,

Corrupted search catalog files might be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with stating the Windows index. To address this concern, we suggest rebuilding your search catalog. Doing so can repair search results and indexing of your Microsoft
    Windows and Microsoft Office system data files.

Follow these steps to rebuild the search catalog:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the Search box, type Indexing, and then choose Indexing Options.
    • Click on Troubleshoot search and indexing.
    • Answer the prompts to successfully run the troubleshooter.

If the same issue persists, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1:

Run the System File Checker tool. It is a utility that allows users to
    scan for corruptions in Windows system and restore corrupted files. The link contains further information about how to run the System File Checker tool.

Method 2:

Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. This tool will automatically repair the components of your Windows operating system and records the corruptions to the log file.

To run the DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt on the search results and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password or click Yes.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, and then hit Enter.
    • Once the scan is finished, restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Search index settings

Hi Samir,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. This issue may arise due to some corruption or broken index. Kindly refer the below given methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Search and Index troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooter in the search box and then press enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      and select Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Search - Indexing not running

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you're having issues when using search is because of a corrupted user profile. For us to assist you, we suggest that you create another account with administrator privileges and try to use the search feature again. Here's an
    article that you can visit to see how to do it:
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

If the issue persists, we suggest that you perform the steps listed below to correct the settings of your Indexed folder:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type %LocalAppData%.
    • Select Packages.
    • Click on windows.immersivecontrolpanel_cw5n1h2txyewy.
    • Choose LocalState.
    • Right-click the Indexed folder.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Click the checkbox beside Allow files in this folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties so that a check mark appears.
    • Click OK.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click OK. A window with a progress bar will pop up as the folder is indexed.
    • Click OK when the indexing progress is finished.

After doing the steps provided, kindly try to use the search feature again.

Kindly update us with the results and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows search index/catalog gets corrupted daily. - Similar Threads - search index catalog

2. Can't get search index to only index exes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get search index to only index exes: Far more files are being indexs then I have exes.. 20551 exes total across al drive including hidden files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-search-index-to-only-index-exes/200353a9-9e5e-4007-a8b0-9299a8c638ee
  3. Can't get search index to only index exes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get search index to only index exes: Far more files are being indexs then I have exes.. 20551 exes total across al drive including hidden files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-search-index-to-only-index-exes/200353a9-9e5e-4007-a8b0-9299a8c638ee
  4. Can't get search index to only index exes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Search Indexer not working at all Corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Indexer not working at all Corrupted?: Hi! It's me, on my Legion laptop running Windows 11 Pro. My search indexer does not work and it will never work. I tried everything. I scanned for corrupted files, I manually tried to restart the service, I ran the troubleshooter, but nothing works. What do I do?...
  6. Windows Search Indexer not working at all Corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Indexer not working at all Corrupted?: Hi! It's me, on my Legion laptop running Windows 11 Pro. My search indexer does not work and it will never work. I tried everything. I scanned for corrupted files, I manually tried to restart the service, I ran the troubleshooter, but nothing works. What do I do?...
  7. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  8. Windows 10 search index keeps getting corrupt and rebuilding, error 0xc0041801 jetutil.cpp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 search index keeps getting corrupt and rebuilding, error 0xc0041801 jetutil.cpp: I've had trouble with Windows 10 search index for years, but recently the index has become corrupt and started rebuilding at least a couple of times a week. It takes more than a day for the index to rebuild, during which time I can't easily search my email. Does anyone have a...
  9. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  10. Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search corrupt catalog & wrong permissions: Hi, I just did a fresh upgrade install and I already have 2 errors in the Event log --> Application section. Error 1: (2019-01-12T17:13:36 AM) (Source: Windows Search Service) (User: )Description: The Windows Search Service is being stopped because there is a problem with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. \ytrip\tripoli

2. onecoreuap\base\appmodel\search\search\ytrip\tripoli\inverted\encodinglayer.cpp