Windows 10: Windows Search Index rebuild time

Discus and support Windows Search Index rebuild time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShadowPapaya, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Windows Search Index rebuild time

Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if restarting the service doesn't work the best way is to rebuild the entire index.Now it's been almost 3 days since the search index has been running 24x7 and it shows 130,281 items indexed. How do I find out how many items are left? Or how much more time it is going to take?

:)

ShadowPapaya, Apr 6, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 6, 2022
  3. Indexing Won't Rebuild

Hi ShiraAbraham, Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you, please let me know if you have tried this already

-Press Windows key + I and open Update & Security.

-Select Troubleshoot and find Search and Indexing.

-Double-click on the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to run it.

Wait for the scan to be completed.

If these steps did not help to fix “Search Indexing Was Turned Off” error, our last recommendation would be to rebuild the Search Indexing:

-Open Windows Search and type Indexing Options.

-Click on the first matching option to open it.

-Click Advanced and open Advanced Options.

-Select Rebuild and white while indexing will be rebuild from scratch.

JeremyCountings, Apr 6, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows Search Index rebuild time

Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

Hi Shawn, I've not found how to reset Indexing Options to default in the tutorials- may have missed it. This seems comparatively obscure, and is a question asked a number of times when I looked generally on the internet.

I found this:
    http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/re...-fix-problems/

- in particular
    I've not tried it personally as I don't wish to do that- suppose I could on a dummy user account!

Suggest it could be worth adding to the tutorial if valid.

dalchina, Apr 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows Search Index rebuild time

1. Windows Search Index rebuild time - Similar Threads - Search Index rebuild

2. Windows indexing rebuilding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows indexing rebuilding: Hi everyone ! I checked out other posts on the forum before posting here but here is the problem. I think I may have deleted the index location from my PC a while ago while tinkering around with something. After doing that, my indexing stopped working and I tried different...
  3. Windows Search Index rebuild time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index rebuild time: Microsoft Windows Search Indexer was taking up unusually high CPU and power output on my windows 11 laptop. On an online forum, I read that if restarting the service doesn't work the best way is to rebuild the entire index.Now it's been almost 3 days since the search index...
  4. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  5. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to rebuild search index.: A while ago I deleted the search index in hopes that it would make folders contents load faster. It didn't, so I want to rebuild the index so that I can use the search feature. When I open the Indexing options, nothing is listed under Included Locations at all...
  6. How to rebuild search index.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. rebuilding index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rebuilding index: my windows search bar is not allowing me to type it also will not let me type into the search ber in file explorer. looked up some youtube videos and followed all the methods and none of them were working and i came across rebuilding the index and it is for some reason paused...
  8. How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you find that search results are missing, no longer valid, or incorrect, then […] This article How to rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10, Search not working after rebuilding index multiple times: Search is not working after I've rebuilt the index multiple times, made sure I had the latest updates, restarted the machine multiple times, and followed the directions I found in another similar question multiple times pasted below. Rebuilding the index takes about 4-5...
  10. Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10: How to: Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 How to Reset and Rebuild Search Index in Windows 10 By default, Windows will use the file properties, and file contents you want indexed. The index uses the Windows Search service and runs as the Searchindexer.exe process in...