Windows 10: Windows Search indexing not working properly

Discus and support Windows Search indexing not working properly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MatthiasAicher, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Windows Search indexing not working properly

Dear all,

When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches"

The server where the files are stored is a Server 2016.

The problem exists when I search the local drive directly on the server, and when I search from a windows 10 clients on the mapped network drive

- Restart of service did not fix the issue

- Troubleshooting could not identify the problem

- Rebulding the search index on the server did not solve the problem

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Windows Search indexing not working properly c3d050be-2f9f-4b77-8298-b90fdc18021b?upload=true.png

:)

MatthiasAicher, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Jan Del Win User

Windows 10 indexing / search

Hi Erik,

System conflict is one of the possible reasons why the index built will not function properly. We suggest running the Search and Indexing troubleshooter by following these steps to resolve your issue:

• Open Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Select Search and Indexing and select the proper scenario that you are experiencing on indexing and click
      Next for the troubleshooting to begin.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide you further assistance.

Jan Del, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Windows Search indexing not working properly

Indexing is not working

Hi Doc,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This issue may occur due to corrupt Windows search files or settings. I suggest you to follow the below method and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run search and indexing troubleshooter
    and check. Please follow these steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

• Click troubleshooting in the search results.

• Click "View all" and then click "Search and Indexing".

• Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Check if Indexing and Windows Search services are enabled. If not, enable them, if they are already enabled, then disable Windows Search Service and then enable again and restart.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type services in the run box, go to the Windows search services and restart them.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Windows Search indexing not working properly

1. Windows Search indexing not working properly - Similar Threads - Search indexing working

2. Search & indexing not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search & indexing not working.: Search & indexing not working & the HELP site from Microsoft Support with the heading Search indexing in Windows 10: FAQ Does Not Help. Using say File Explorer if I search for a file by its name first near the top it reads: Working on it. Then the thinner strip up near the...
  3. Search & indexing not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search & indexing not working.: Search & indexing not working & the HELP site from Microsoft Support with the heading Search indexing in Windows 10: FAQ Does Not Help. Using say File Explorer if I search for a file by its name first near the top it reads: Working on it. Then the thinner strip up near the...
  4. windows search and search indexing not working

in Cortana
    windows search and search indexing not working: Windows search not working. Below error showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-and-search-indexing-not-working/9d6dd3b6-bcb5-471d-b02c-bb110c33ea10
  5. windows search and search indexing not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows search and search indexing not working: Windows search not working. Below error showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-and-search-indexing-not-working/9d6dd3b6-bcb5-471d-b02c-bb110c33ea10
  6. windows search and search indexing not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows search indexing not working

in Cortana
    Windows search indexing not working: For one of my users on my computer, the search indexing does not work. Things I search for such as e.g. 'calculator' does not show up at all as they should, although they do show up in the recently added bar. This is frustrating especially for apps and programs that are not...
  8. Search Index not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Index not working: I have tried so many different things on forums and I still cannot get my search index to work. Both my C and E drives are set for indexing. And the Search Index properties show no Locations as the Index is not running. My permissions are set for Local Administrator. I do...
  9. Search Index is not working!

in Cortana
    Search Index is not working!: My windows search index is not working, when I try to open options and rebuild index it shows waiting to receive indexing status... As you can see below, that's what I'm getting! Need help asap! [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Search indexing not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search indexing not working properly: Dear all, When I try to search for a document content on an indexed location it will not display any results, but you can clearly see that this text is existing in the word document. See screenshot. This is not for all but for a lot of "in document text searches" The...