Windows 10: Windows Search is broken

Discus and support Windows Search is broken in Cortana to solve the problem; When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Francis00, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Francis00 Win User

Windows Search is broken

When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix?

:)

Francis00, Aug 21, 2022
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 21, 2022
  4. Windows Search is broken

Help Me -- Ghost Programs -- Start search Broken

Thanks for the suggestion but still didn't work. I tried to restart after it problem still there.

Any other suggestions that I haven't done or some same steps that I forgot something.

Kim Isiah Falogme, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows Search is broken

1. Windows Search is broken - Similar Threads - Search broken

2. Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual: Microsoft windows team should be ashamed of themselves. This search functionality is broken forever and is super slow too. Further with windows 11, explorer takes forever to load. Quality of engineering in windows team is extremely poor. What are hacks to fix this? I am...
  3. Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 explorer super slow and search is broken as usual: Microsoft windows team should be ashamed of themselves. This search functionality is broken forever and is super slow too. Further with windows 11, explorer takes forever to load. Quality of engineering in windows team is extremely poor. What are hacks to fix this? I am...
  4. Windows 11 search bar broken after using new font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search bar broken after using new font: i download and install the new custom font, it works on everything, but when i try to use the search bar it just disappears, if i try to use the search bar on the start bit the start bit just closes down, ive tried with a few different fonts so i dont think its a problem with...
  5. Windows 11 search bar broken after using new font

Windows 11 search bar broken after using new font: i download and install the new custom font, it works on everything, but when i try to use the search bar it just disappears, if i try to use the search bar on the start bit the start bit just closes down, ive tried with a few different fonts so i dont think its a problem with...
  6. Broken search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  7. Broken search results

Broken search results: Hi!I've found out on different threads that "File Search" functionality has not been altered between Win 10 and 11. I remember it vividly by searching through the file names directly, supposed to give me the exact results but I keep on ending up with completely unrelated...
  8. My Search Bar For Windows 11 Is Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Search Bar For Windows 11 Is Broken: When i Click the search bar in my taskbar it doesn't open and when i click the windows key and try to search in the Menu It'll go to the pinned app that starts with the letter I Pressed On My Keyboard.I Tried Watching Some Videos On Youtube and I did everything I Even updated...
  9. My Search Bar For Windows 11 Is Broken

My Search Bar For Windows 11 Is Broken: When i Click the search bar in my taskbar it doesn't open and when i click the windows key and try to search in the Menu It'll go to the pinned app that starts with the letter I Pressed On My Keyboard.I Tried Watching Some Videos On Youtube and I did everything I Even updated...
  10. Windows search is "broken."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is "broken.": I'm trying to open a programs file location through windows search. I search the program and it pops up in "Best Match" but none of the options such as Run as admin, Open file location, etc. appear on the right. I also cant right click the program in "Best match" it does...