Windows 10: Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

Discus and support Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work in Cortana to solve the problem; Recently I've encountered a problem with the Search Bar and this issue occurs on the Task Bar and File Explorer Search, Whenever I click on it nothing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by JadenXG, Dec 17, 2022.

1. JadenXG Win User

Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

Recently I've encountered a problem with the Search Bar and this issue occurs on the Task Bar and File Explorer Search, Whenever I click on it nothing happens, it won't let me type in it or show any results. for whatever reason I can still interact with it using Ctrl + F but it only lets me type a single letter into the box and that's it.I've tried Troubleshooting Search and Indexing, tried restarting Windows Search in Services, even reset Cortana and nothing seems to work. I have also Scoured the internet for answers but it seems no one else has encountered this problem either. this issue sta

:)

JadenXG, Dec 17, 2022
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

Windows help & learning

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 17, 2022
  4. Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

1. Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work - Similar Threads - Search Interactable won't

2. Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work: Recently I've encountered a problem with the Search Bar and this issue occurs on the Task Bar and File Explorer Search, Whenever I click on it nothing happens, it won't let me type in it or show any results. for whatever reason I can still interact with it using Ctrl + F but...
  3. Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search is Not Interactable and won't work: Recently I've encountered a problem with the Search Bar and this issue occurs on the Task Bar and File Explorer Search, Whenever I click on it nothing happens, it won't let me type in it or show any results. for whatever reason I can still interact with it using Ctrl + F but...
  4. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

in Cortana
    Search Bar cannot be interacted with.: Clicking on the search bar on the task bar does nothing, pressing the windows key opens the start menu but doesn't allow for typing in the search box. The search bar in File Explorer behaves similarly. This is likely a result of my tampering with certain files earlier, namely...
  5. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Bar cannot be interacted with.: Clicking on the search bar on the task bar does nothing, pressing the windows key opens the start menu but doesn't allow for typing in the search box. The search bar in File Explorer behaves similarly. This is likely a result of my tampering with certain files earlier, namely...
  6. Search Bar cannot be interacted with.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 search bar and File Explorer search is not interactable

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar and File Explorer search is not interactable: I had to go through and reset some variables on my computer, since my friend put whitespace in my default username and I couldn't install ghc Haskell compiler or OracleDB as a result. I followed this tutorial to figure out the things I would have to change While now I can...
  8. File Search won't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Search won't work: Hello. When I right click on "File Explorer," nothing happens. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I have Windows 10 and am not sure if this started after the last update. Any solutions? Thanks....
  9. Windows search function won't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search function won't work: A couple of nights ago I used the Windows search function from the start icon to find the Windows snipping tool. As soon as I started typing "snipping" it of course started looking for things and brought them up in the box above. But last night I went to do the same thing I...
  10. File Search won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Search won't work: Hello. When I right click on "File Explorer," nothing happens. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I have Windows 10 and am not sure if this started after the last update. Any solutions? Thanks....