Windows 10: Windows search keeps showing me uninstalled office 2016 apps

Discus and support Windows search keeps showing me uninstalled office 2016 apps in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello friends, I have a problem with my windows 10 1909 (18363.778) recently the trial period of my office 2016 expired so I uninstalled it, but the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by olimpero, Apr 21, 2020.

1. olimpero Win User

Windows search keeps showing me uninstalled office 2016 apps

Hello friends, I have a problem with my windows 10 1909 (18363.778) recently the trial period of my office 2016 expired so I uninstalled it, but the applications continue to appear in windows search but not in the start menu, I already tried with a reset and rebuild of the search but the error keeps showing me

I attach a photo of the error, the office suite is completely uninstalled by the miscrosoft tool SetupProd_OffScrub and the word 2016 application keeps showing me

for more information this is the only place where it appears to me, I click on the app and nothing happens, right click and nothing happens either

Windows search keeps showing me uninstalled office 2016 apps [​IMG]

:)

olimpero, Apr 21, 2020
  2. jimjam88 Win User

Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall

I Just upgraded to Office 365 Pro(which installed Office 2016 apps) , but these apps are not showing in Windows Search but instead shortcuts from Office 2013 are still showing up as Best Match in Windows Search.
    eg: Word 2013 shows up when I search for Word but Word 2016 does not show up??

Any clues?
    I tried to rebuild my search index but still have the same issue ....

jimjam88, Apr 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall

Hi, first 2013. Suggest you install Ultrasearch (free), let it index (quick), then search for items related to Office 2013 and see what's left.
    (This is a search tool you will want to keep).

Also try downloading Revo uninstaller, run it, and see if Office 2013 shows up.
    If the above search finds any remaining folders with exe files, you can use Revo's Forced uninstall to remove them ad related files and registry entries.

My guess is you've still got shortcuts related to those office programs in one or other of your start menu folders. If so, the search should find them.

dalchina, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Digi Win User

Windows 10 search shows office 2013 apps after upgrade to 2016

I've Googled as much as I could but I cannot seem to find a solution to this problem.

I've got a Windows 10 Pro system that had an activated (legal) copy of Office 2013 installed. I've used Office 2013. Last week I upgraded to Office 2016 and reactivated that.

I usually start my programs by hitting the Windows key and searching for programs. However if I search for Word or Excel from the start menu it's showing the 2013 edition of the apps that aren't installed anymore. It's not doing anything either when I click on it.

Office 2016 apps are showing up in the all apps section of the start menu, but not on searching for it.

I've rebuild my search indexes. I've searched (with Search Everything) for filesnames that resemble word or excel 2013, I'm finding nothing.

How to get rid of those references?

Thema:

1. Windows search keeps showing me uninstalled office 2016 apps - Similar Threads - search keeps showing

2. Windows Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 pc is showing apps in search that are uninstalled. I uninstalled the app below but it still shows it in my search. when I click it it doesnt open. Any fix for this? I have tried restarting the search service but that didn't work. I feel like what will fix...
  3. Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 is showing search results of apps that are already deleted and there is only one button "open"for example, this app named Nilesoft Shell, I have uninstalled it from my computer but it still shows there. It can't open either....
  4. Windows Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 pc is showing apps in search that are uninstalled. I uninstalled the app below but it still shows it in my search. when I click it it doesnt open. Any fix for this? I have tried restarting the search service but that didn't work. I feel like what will fix...
  5. Search showing uninstalled apps

Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 is showing search results of apps that are already deleted and there is only one button "open"for example, this app named Nilesoft Shell, I have uninstalled it from my computer but it still shows there. It can't open either....
  6. Windows Search showing uninstalled apps

in Cortana
  7. Search showing uninstalled apps

in Cortana
  8. Can't uninstall Office 2016 - Win10

Can't uninstall Office 2016 - Win10: Hi, I can't seem to uninstall Office 2016, when I try I get this error code Error code: 30068-44 (1084) I tried running the uninstall in safe mode and tried the official removal tool but so far no luck. I can't install the new version until this one is uninstalled. Any help...
  9. Uninstalling MS Office 2016

Uninstalling MS Office 2016: While doing a manual uninstall of MS Office 2016, one of the steps talks about a folder "MSOCache" being in the root folder of my hard drive. I did not see such a folder on my hard drive. Should the folder be there if OFFICE were still installed/buried somewhere in the...
  10. Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall: I Just upgraded to Office 365 Pro(which installed Office 2016 apps) , but these apps are not showing in Windows Search but instead shortcuts from Office 2013 are still showing up as Best Match in Windows Search. eg: Word 2013 shows up when I search for Word but Word 2016...