Windows 10: Windows search not closing on clicking outside

Discus and support Windows search not closing on clicking outside in Cortana to solve the problem; Hey, This is completely annoying after updating to Nov 2019 update. when I have completed search and click a result in the search or even... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Muhammad Waqar Akram, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Windows search not closing on clicking outside

Hey,

This is completely annoying after updating to Nov 2019 update.

when I have completed search and click a result in the search or even outside anywhere doesn't close automatically

I have to press start twice to close it

Previously search used to close when you clicked outside search UI.

Please fix this as soon as possible thank you,

:)

Muhammad Waqar Akram, Jan 15, 2020
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Melvis Win User

Windows search not closing on clicking outside

PC Cant Obtain a IP Address, Need some advice!

Step 1: Click START button
    Step 2: In the Search area, type "regedt32" (of course don't include the ""), right click on the search result and "Run as Administrator".

Step 3: Click on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", should expand out to a list of stuff
    Step 4: Next choose "SYSTEM", should expand again
    Step 5: Choose "CurrentControlSet", expands again
    Step 6: Choose "Services", expands to a super large list of stuff

Step 7: Click on "Dhcp", the right window will show the files in that folder
    Step 8: Double click on "DependOnService"
    Step 9: Delete all the words in text area, except "Afd", and click OK. You are done here

Step 10: Next under "Services", look for "EapHost", this should be a few folders below Dhcp Step 11: Same thing, double click on the file "DependOnService"
    Step 12: Delete everything in the text are and click OK. You are done.

Now, close everything and RESTART WINDOWS. Your WLan should be back and working once your computer starts. Hope this saves you like it saved me. Thanks to original poster for the wonderful resolution. Your post was almost too obscure to find, but I'm glad this is SOLVED! I'll be spreading the word around to save people from the constant agony of WLAN SVC going balistic every time after a registry cleanup."

THIS^ FIXED IT!! yay thanks everyone!!

Melvis, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows search not closing on clicking outside

1. Windows search not closing on clicking outside - Similar Threads - search closing clicking

2. Search bar goes black/closes when clicked on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar goes black/closes when clicked on: Hello,I know this issue has been previously stated, I cannot however find a fix ANYWHERE online, at any forum, or even on this site, the usual advice is to reset via task manager or find a fix in device manager.I do not want to fully reset my Desktop as it took long enough...
  3. Search bar goes black/closes when clicked on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar goes black/closes when clicked on: Hello,I know this issue has been previously stated, I cannot however find a fix ANYWHERE online, at any forum, or even on this site, the usual advice is to reset via task manager or find a fix in device manager.I do not want to fully reset my Desktop as it took long enough...
  4. Search bar goes black/closes when clicked on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar closes itself after clicking: When I click on the search bar it opens up into a white box and then closes itself like 2 seconds later. I've done a troubleshoot a few times and it says search bar not working but doesn't end up fixing it. If anyone knows a fix that would be great...
  6. Search bar closes itself after clicking

Search bar closes itself after clicking: When I click on the search bar it opens up into a white box and then closes itself like 2 seconds later. I've done a troubleshoot a few times and it says search bar not working but doesn't end up fixing it. If anyone knows a fix that would be great...
  7. Search bar closes itself after clicking

in Cortana
  8. Mouse clicks outside of a window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse clicks outside of a window: When i for example using spotify when i click the pause button it clicks outside in other windows.It also happens when i play fps games my mouse suddenly can close my screen even when im full screen and i didnt click the close button or just slides out the screen.My mouse...
  9. Mouse clicks outside of a window

Mouse clicks outside of a window: When i for example using spotify when i click the pause button it clicks outside in other windows.It also happens when i play fps games my mouse suddenly can close my screen even when im full screen and i didnt click the close button or just slides out the screen.My mouse...
  10. Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preventing window from minimizing when clicking outside of it?: Is there a way to stop a window that is not snapped from minimizing when I click another window? submitted by /u/Double_AA_Battery [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kaotqz/preventing_window_from_minimizing_when_clicking/