Windows 10: Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results

Discus and support Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When Searching with Windows Search, It does not show some apps when I search for them. I used Sublime Text as an example. It also does not allow me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Copimox, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Copimox Win User

Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results

When Searching with Windows Search, It does not show some apps when I search for them. I used Sublime Text as an example. It also does not allow me to web search.View Example Here

:)

Copimox, Aug 21, 2021

2. Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Aug 21, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 21, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Search Not Giving Proper Results - Similar Threads - Search Giving Proper

2. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  3. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Searching folders doesn't give expected results: So I tried searching my folders for script but I did not find results despite files containing script in the name existing https://pasteboard.co/dVI7XHZOoh0F.pnghttps://pasteboard.co/08YS4QXVDqQA.pngp.s. pasting images here is not working....
  4. Searching folders doesn't give expected results

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc: I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on the taskbar sometimes the result doesn't appear, and sometimes when they appear their thumbnails seem to be a plain white sheet...
  6. Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results

in Cortana
    Windows Search will give me a iframe of edge instead of results: Hi, I was trying to search in the start menu, until I saw something... [ATTACH] it shows a search frame of edge. If I click any of the links, it will open edge and bring me to the bing website. It won't go away. If I scroll down and see related results it will show me...
  7. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  8. It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results

in Windows 10 News
    It’s not just you, Windows 10 Search is giving blank results: Microsoft’s efforts to integrate its cloud services on Windows 10 has just backfired for the company. Windows 10’s Search feature has been hit with what appears to be some pretty widespread issues. Windows Search is currently returning blank results if you search for apps,...
  9. Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?

Why does Microsoft Windows 10 give incomplete search results?: If I gave over 180 "dummies" PDF book files, why does Microsoft Windows 10 only give partial results? When moving book files around, beginning to see where half the files do not show up in my searches. Having the software "Everything" I am able to get everything. How do I...
  10. Folder search gives me results that I'm not looking for

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder search gives me results that I'm not looking for: When I do a search in a folder, I get results back that have nothing to do with what I searched for. [img] anyone know how to fix? Edit: If I set "name:" without the quotes before a search I get what I'm looking for. How do I set that as default behavior? 25062