Windows 10: Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder

Discus and support Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Unfortunately, windows search does not show files in google drive. It does show the folder names but not files. One drive files show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnMolyneaux1, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder

Good afternoon,

Unfortunately, windows search does not show files in google drive. It does show the folder names but not files. One drive files show up no problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

JohnMolyneaux1, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Hitesh12 Win User

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Aug 10, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

Hi Hitesh,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

The first step to take when Windows Search isn’t finding your files is to make sure that Windows is indexing the location where your files reside. You’ll see a list of locations and applications that are currently being indexed; note that if a drive or folder
    is listed here, then all subfolders and files included in that drive are indexed as well.

I suggest you to rebuild Search index and check. To rebuild the Windows 10 Search index the do the following as seen below:

• Select Windows Key and “X”.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Select Advanced Options.
    • Select rebuild index.
    Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder

1. Windows search not locating files on google drive subfolder - Similar Threads - search locating files

2. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search: Google Drive is now mapped to "G Drive" and listed in Explorer. Google Drive is mirrored on my computer.I want Windows to index the Google Drive files so I can use Windows search for my Google Drive, but I cannot add G drive to the Included Locations.Any insights,...
  3. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search: Google Drive is now mapped to "G Drive" and listed in Explorer. Google Drive is mirrored on my computer.I want Windows to index the Google Drive files so I can use Windows search for my Google Drive, but I cannot add G drive to the Included Locations.Any insights,...
  4. Indexing Google Drive in Windows for Windows Search

in Cortana
  5. Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive: Hello All, I've noticed when I do a keyword search in Windows Explorer that it fails to find files that match my search. I'm using Windows Explorer to search Google Drive. Any suggestions ?...
  6. Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive

Windows Explorer Search in Google Drive: Hello All, I've noticed when I do a keyword search in Windows Explorer that it fails to find files that match my search. I'm using Windows Explorer to search Google Drive. Any suggestions ?...
  7. How to Search in File Explorer in Windows 10 WITHOUT subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Search in File Explorer in Windows 10 WITHOUT subfolders: My Windows 10 Explorer does not behave as expected. (Windows 10 Version 2004) A search in File Explorer in Windows 10 always shows files of subfolders even if I click on 'Current folders'. The German Microsoft support could not help in a long telephone call. I ran...
  8. File search from folders located on different drives

in Windows 10 Support
    File search from folders located on different drives: How to run single file name text string search with Windows File manager (explorer) from folders located on different drives? Search result may be 0-100 files. Any ideas? Perhaps it's possible to link folders somehow to look like one? 141827
  9. No Google Drive files in Windows search results

No Google Drive files in Windows search results: I am also asking this question on the Google Product Forums. Basically, the Google Drive folder is synced onto my data partition. Files are present on my HDD, the whole folder is indexed, but nothing inside it comes up in my Windows search results. I have tried...
  10. Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer search - no search results in subfolders: I apologize if I get some of the terminology wrong. Hopefully the screenshots will help. Basically if I open Windows Explorer and select Pictures from the Navigation page, I can search for a file (IMG_2354) and find it correctly. The file is located in...