Windows 10: Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and...

Discus and support Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/farxhan [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/farxhan, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and...

/u/farxhan, Feb 28, 2021

2. Start Menu Search not working

When I start my computer, my Start Menu Search sometimes gets stuck in a start up or searching loop.
    The start menu itself works if I am just using my mouse to click icons. The issue is hitting the Windows button on my keyboard and typing.

What is strange is that when this happens, if I log out then log in again, it starts up fine. While this is a workaround, I would like to solve the problem that is causing the problem.

I've tried re-indexing my entire computer based on a similar post I found here, but that did not work. Also - searching in a general Explorer window works fine showing the Windows Indexing does not appear to be the problem.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and... [​IMG]

generic andy, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Start Menu Search not working

Same here

jonathanljs, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and...

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and...

1. Windows Search not showing on full sized Windows Start Menu but still works by typing and... - Similar Threads - Search showing full

2. Start menu type to search results window appearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu type to search results window appearance: I'm working on a new PC configuration for a touchscreen HMI with no external keyboard with Windows 10 LTSC. This is an hardware upgrade from a previous configuration of Windows 10 LTSB. My problem is when I hit the start button and begin typing example bringing up task...
  3. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  4. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.: Hi,So I recently decided to reset all the settings on my pc using the 'Reset This PC' option in the settings. Now every time I try and search something if it starts with the letters of apps that were previously installed on my system before resetting it they will still show...
  5. Deleted apps still showing in the Start Menu Search.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows start menu and search not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows start menu and search not working: Hi! recently after a windows update I did overnight, I've been experiencing a problem where I cannot use my windows taskbar to search for items and I cannot view the start menu. I've tried several fixes online yet none work. I attempted to uninstall as many of the updates as...
  7. Windows Start Menu Search not working

in Cortana
    Windows Start Menu Search not working: Hi, I have got a weird issue where search is not working in the start menu, I have tried to restart the laptop multiple times, rebuild the search and reset it from the powershell script but none of those seen to be working. Here is a screenshot of the issue:I am currently...
  8. Typing search in start menu still goes to Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Typing search in start menu still goes to Edge: I have set my default browser as Firefox but if I type a search in the start menu it still opens Edge (with Bing). Is there any setting that I can use to say always use FF even when I do a search? I have Googled endlessly and all I can find is how to set the defaults. Many...
  9. WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS START MENU SEARCH NOT WORKING: Hello everybody, Recently I observed that my Startmenu search for windows 10 pro was not working,I tried restarting Cortana by killing it from processes and search operations were resumed but whenever i shutdown my device and turn it back on the problem arises again and...
  10. Start menu typing search doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu typing search doesn't work: I thought I could just type "rege" and get Regedit result right away. No. I need to type the whole name. What's going on? The Windows Search service is running. I disabled Cortana, but that shouldn't matter, should it? 112057