Windows 10: Windows Search not working anymore after March Updates

Discus and support Windows Search not working anymore after March Updates in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok so i recently updated my pc with the latest updates and now Windows Search doesnt work anymore, when i open the search bar it crashes and closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FreddyIzaguirre, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Windows Search not working anymore after March Updates

Ok so i recently updated my pc with the latest updates and now Windows Search doesnt work anymore, when i open the search bar it crashes and closes inmediately, i can not even type something on it because it crashes and closes. I've tried many possible solutions and none has worked, for example,

Run sfc /scannow, the first time i ran it, it said that it found corrupted files and successfully repaired them, but i restarted my pc and windows search still not working, i ran the command again and it said that there were no corrupt files to repair,

I also tried logging into another local account i have on my pc and in that account windows search was yes working, but in my principal Administator account is not working...

Please someone help.

*Moved from Spanish forum

:)

FreddyIzaguirre, Mar 17, 2021
  2. nkatsar Win User

FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Pros:
    • No need for a script, easy to apply manually
    • Much smaller download, seems that KB3020369 is not required, only SP1 is needed
    Cons:
    • Windows Update Client downloaded by the script is newer (June 2016 version is included in KB3172605 instead of March 2016)
    • You will still need to download/install hundreds of updates afterwards, most of them are already included in KB3125574 and installed by the script

nkatsar, Mar 17, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 17, 2021
  4. Windows Search not working anymore after March Updates

windows 10 updates-March 2018

I have March updates that will not install. The automatic updates for 2018-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1709 for x64 based system (March KB4088776) were activated and downloaded to my computer, but they will not install on shutdown/restart.
    When I check for updates, it shows that the updates are downloaded, but when I click to uninstall, there is not a date for installation. I have researched the Windows suggestions for this problem. They tell me to remove the January 2018 updates (January
    KB4056892) and then reinstall the March update. When I attempted to uninstall the January update, I could see the update listed in the check for downloads screen, but when I click uninstall, the January update has a different reference number. Please advise.
    I have talked to my technology department and they can't determine next steps either. VERY FRUSTRATING. I need my computer for work.

JennyWilliams_642, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows Search not working anymore after March Updates

1. Windows Search not working anymore after March Updates - Similar Threads - Search working anymore

2. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  3. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings and search not working anymore.: i noticed 3 days ago that that my settings app no longer opens, it just flashes in screen when i click, and trying in to troubleshoot that i discovered that Search also does not respond at all. my computer has been set to automatically apply updates so I do not know for sure...
  4. settings and search not working anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Search still not working after March Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search still not working after March Updates: Similar to other threads, I have been unable to use the Windows Search feature, either in the bar at the bottom toolbar or in a file folder. When I click into it, it looks like it is about to pop up, but then it immediately closes. Here are the other threads I've seen, with...
  6. Windows Search still not working after March Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search still not working after March Updates: Similar to other threads, I have been unable to use the Windows Search feature, either in the bar at the bottom toolbar or in a file folder. When I click into it, it looks like it is about to pop up, but then it immediately closes. Here are the other threads I've seen, with...
  7. Windows Search still not working after March Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. After Windows Update Search not working

in Cortana
    After Windows Update Search not working: Hello one and all, I had a WINDOWS Update last night and this morning, first, all my Most Used Apps have disappeared. When I try to type an APP name in the search bar, it doesn't work. I'm hoping someone can give me the solution. Thanks....
  9. start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu search is not searching programs anymore after 2004 update: i use my start menu to find and open all of my programs, i just typed the name and hit enter. much faster than finding it on the desktop or in the start menu side bar. i just updated my pc to 2004 today and now no programs come up in search when i start typing from the start...
  10. Windows File Search Not Working Properly Anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows File Search Not Working Properly Anymore: Hello! I'm William and I'm new to these forums. I usually try to troubleshoot and find answers through browsing the web to find a solution however, I have yet to find a clear answer for this specific problem I seem to have... Whenever I try to search in Windows 10, it...