Windows 10: Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do?

Discus and support Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i looked for solutions online and troubleshooting seems to be screwed too. are there any programs i can use as an alternative or somewhere i can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rashrd1234, May 28, 2020.

1. Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do?

i looked for solutions online and troubleshooting seems to be screwed too. are there any programs i can use as an alternative or somewhere i can download the missing files from? i don't want to do a re-install as i would lose data that is important to me

submitted by /u/rashrd1234
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rashrd1234, May 28, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 28, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    SFC Corrupt Files

For the information
    • The 'RemindersUI.dll' file for the search function is missing.
    • The 'MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png' file is corrupt for microsoft edge.

Code:
    Code:
    Could not reproject corrupted file "RemindersUI.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

4. Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do?

Window 10 Search Service does not work. "Invalid permissions on Windows Search Catalogues"

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Are you trying to search using Cortana?

• Does Windows Search in File Explorer work?

I suggest you to run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files

Run the System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupted files. Follow these steps:

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?wa=wsignin1.0

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do?

1. Windows search not working because of missing or corrupted files. what should i do? - Similar Threads - search working missing

2. What should I do if a Windows update has missing files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do if a Windows update has missing files?: A Windows Update I was waiting on gave me an error, saying "some files were missing or had problems, we'll try to download the update again later". Should I wait a bit and then click the "retry" button? The troubleshooter didn't find any other problems and everything else...
  3. What should I do if a Windows update has missing files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do if a Windows update has missing files?: A Windows Update I was waiting on gave me an error, saying "some files were missing or had problems, we'll try to download the update again later". Should I wait a bit and then click the "retry" button? The troubleshooter didn't find any other problems and everything else...
  4. What should I do if a Windows update has missing files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?: At the time of typing this, it's 2:26 am. I was just turning off my computer and it ended up restarting instead due to the blue screen. I ran a sfc and luckily there's no corrupted files, but I'm still worried. I have never encountered a blue screen until now on my Windows 11...
  6. Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen, no corrupted files. What should I do?: At the time of typing this, it's 2:26 am. I was just turning off my computer and it ended up restarting instead due to the blue screen. I ran a sfc and luckily there's no corrupted files, but I'm still worried. I have never encountered a blue screen until now on my Windows 11...
  7. My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer is not working because of corrupt files. What do I do?: I was playing Minecraft when I saw that an update was going on in the background. It was taking up too much power from my computer, so I foolishly shut it down. After I shut it down, my computer started acting weird. I thought nothing of it. The search bar wasn't working....
  8. Windows 10 recovery because the System Registry files are missing, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 recovery because the System Registry files are missing, what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TurtleBeatch [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lodf03/windows_10_recovery_because_the_system_registry/
  9. Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.: I'm getting this message on startup, and some programs give an error on startup telling me my drivers are outdated/not supported. c:/windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository/nvbl.inf_amd64_a10572a657d60f40/nvldumd.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it...
  10. i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to...: i was getting mfc110u.dll file is missing. It is to be reinstall. what should i do now to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/i-was-getting-mfc110udll-file-is-missing-it-is-to/b5a37d82-6962-418e-8eaf-1505fdcc5132