Windows 10: Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly

Discus and support Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro (x64) v. 2004 build 19041.572 This problem only occurred after the latest feature update... ergo updating to 2004 release.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by That Random Guy, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly

I'm running Windows 10 Pro (x64) v. 2004 build 19041.572

This problem only occurred after the latest feature update... ergo updating to 2004 release.

The problem is still very random and eventually fixes itself (supposedly) but the steps to reproduce are not identifiable at this time. It seems all the more likely to happen during a fresh session (i.e post-reboot, cold boot). It always happens at least once per session until it stops.

The problem itself is that the actual search "box" (rectangle?) or container actually grows tall enough to reach the top of my screen and also blacks out the rest of my screen... so all I see is the search box and the suggestions....

Anyone run into this kinda issue yet? I will provide a screenshot in a bit. Need to get the bug again...

EDIT:
    if I do not post back soon enough... it's probably due to cloudfare not agreeing with my VPN as of late, it's been refusing my traffic solely due to my IP....

:)

That Random Guy, Nov 1, 2020

2. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Nov 1, 2020
  3. D. Joe Win User
    Taskbar search

Did not do anything to help. The search in File Explorer works fine. The first and last screen shot shows a search leading to no results but the file explorer finds them just fine. The last one shows my indexing options.

Thank you

PS: can't get the screenshots to upload....

D. Joe, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly

Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly

1. Windows Search on Taskbar goes full-screen randomly - Similar Threads - Search Taskbar goes

2. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  3. Screen goes black randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black randomly: Hello everyone,The screen of a Windows Server 2012 Essentials with version 6.2.920000 randomly turns black and the system seems to be frozen, forcing us to physically reboot the machine.It happens completely by surprise.By looking into the event visor, everything seems pretty...
  4. Taskbar stays in full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar stays in full screen: I have a problem - often but not always when I am opening YouTube or other apps in full screen, taskbar stays on top of it until I do Win+D 2 times. My config is Dell P75f003 with external monitor 2 displays total, plus might be relevant I changed desktop icon spacing using...
  5. Taskbar and Full Screen Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Full Screen Apps: Hello! I'm having a problem that hasn't happened before yesterday. When opening apps from my taskbar things like Spotify, Discord and Chrome work perfectly fine but if I try to open a game that usually opens in full screen like Osu! then the taskbar and when I press alt+tab...
  6. search in full screen , is there a fix ?

in Cortana
    search in full screen , is there a fix ?: HiI have a problem with search window , it does open in full screen i have installed and updated several times ,this nasty issue is always presentwithout enabling the search icon in the taskbar ,when i open the search with win+s the window is full screen , windows 10 is...
  7. search window in full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    search window in full screen: hi had somebody notice a search window in full screen ? if i boot w10 and i click win + s i get a search in full screen is there a fix? i tried sfc dism nothing fixed 183837
  8. screen automatically goes full screen and flicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen automatically goes full screen and flicking: when using chrome or file explorer automatic my screen goes full screen and start flickering automatic going full screen and automatic coming to normal... i manually install display driver and does everything from google solution but nothing working......
  9. Keep taskbar in full screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep taskbar in full screen?: I've been looking around without finding a solution. So what I want is to basically be able to have the taskbar appear when I am using an application in full screen. I have it so that the taskbar shows when I'm pointing down at it and would like this to be possible even in...
  10. Screen goes off on full screen mode!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen goes off on full screen mode!!: Hello, I have a HP envy with Microsoft windows 10. When watching videos on netflix, google play, Hay U etc, when I press the full screen button, it starts to play then my display turns off and goes blank? You can still here the audio, and when I move my mousse around, or...