Windows 10: Windows search only shows recent apps

Discus and support Windows search only shows recent apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello good community. Long time ago I have switched a setting that -I don't remember where- makes Windows search at the taskbar show only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Greedy-Algorithm, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Windows search only shows recent apps

Windows search only shows recent apps 4ypCRfrCPmejg3JdU5MsV9JQ173CzRabOTNISnufOoE.jpg

Hello good community.

Long time ago I have switched a setting that -I don't remember where- makes Windows search at the taskbar show only recent apps. I am trying to find which setting I have changed. I can still search for both apps and files in there but it only shows recent apps that I have opened.

In this image below, recent part only shows programs but back then it showed both files and programs, I searched a lot but couldn't find how to change it back. Any help is appreciated. Thank you for reading.

Btw, I already reinstalled Windows couple of times but I use an online account so I think it keeps settings in the account.

https://preview.redd.it/sng1xxruysw...bp&s=4f7b6d0159d58984ffde27d078c689a9645e90ab

submitted by /u/Greedy-Algorithm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Greedy-Algorithm, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

NEWLY added apps are not showing on Start App list

Hi Tamal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1. Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Edge shows up in windows search but not Firefox

does not show up

tonightwetaco, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Windows search only shows recent apps

Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows search only shows recent apps

1. Windows search only shows recent apps - Similar Threads - search shows recent

2. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  3. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents: When I go to the search icon in taskbar, right click to open pane, click on search, it only shows trending and masses of irrelevant crud. It used to show recent searches, making the box pretty empty, which was great. Now suddenly it has tons of useless suggestions. How do I...
  4. Taskbar Search Doesn't Show Recents

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  6. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10: I got this white thumbnail icon of apps in the search bar engine only, and everywhere else is fine, and I don't know how this happens. I read somewhere that the google drive app causes this. I have tried many solutions, but it doesn't seem to work. I did freshly reinstall...
  7. Thumbnail Icon of Apps Not Showing in Search menu only in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar not showing recently searched apps anymore: Hi!I used to open my windows search bar and it gives me my recently searched apps by default, but now I have to click on the "Apps" tab to see that.Figure 1. How I my search bar was when I click it/activate Search via shortcutA few days ago, I noticed it wasn't like this...
  9. Search feature only shows Outlook app for email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search feature only shows Outlook app for email: When I click the magnifying glass on the bottom-left of my taskbar to do a search, I can results listed by Folder, App, Documents, Web, Email. But Outlook is the only option shown for email. What if I don't use Outlook? Does this search only for work Outlook emails?...
  10. Windows Search not showing apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search not showing apps: So this is really annoying, I have had several windows machines in the past and this keeps coming up but never found a solution for it. When I search an application, might it be a game or a tool or any software that wasn't pre installed into the machine, in the windows search...