Windows 10: windows search priority

Discus and support windows search priority in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I do a windows search for "Word" its not the first hit on the list. IE if I hit the windows key, then type in "word", the office program Word is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wallify, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Wallify Win User

windows search priority

When I do a windows search for "Word" its not the first hit on the list. IE if I hit the windows key, then type in "word", the office program Word is actually the second on the list, with Keepass being the first. I get it that Keepass is a passWORD manager, but come on I'm tying in the entire name of a Microsoft Program!

I know their has to be a fix for this and I am hoping someone much smarter than I can point me to it.

thanks in advanced!

:)

Wallify, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, windows search priority :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Oct 26, 2018
  3. hurricane51 Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 26, 2018
  4. enso Win User

windows search priority

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

windows search priority

1. windows search priority - Similar Threads - search priority

2. Taskbar/Cortana search window...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar/Cortana search window...: With the 1809 update, the taskbar search window changed: [img] The width of the initial search window is doubled in size. Is there a way to reduce the width to what it used to be in 1803? Or at the very least, is there a way to change the background color for this window?...
  3. Search in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search in Windows 10: searching in windows folders not working. Ran services, set windows search to auto, still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-in-windows-10/3843d178-528b-4d88-9240-8b63b0a4c243
  4. Include web searches? No it doesn't!

in Cortana
    Include web searches? No it doesn't!: If you click Windows + S on Windows 10, it will open the search tab on the task bar. It says it will include app, file, settings, and web. But on my computer, it won't search it on the web. And Also, I don't know but sometimes i CAN use web searches, and that time...
  5. Can't use mouse to select search result through search box.

in Cortana
    Can't use mouse to select search result through search box.: After updating to Windows 10 October Update (re-released one), I can't select anything from result screen using my mouse. I can do so using cursor keys though. Any solution for it? My Windows 10 build is 17763.134. Also, this happens too. [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows Search button pops up when I type in any program

in Cortana
    Windows Search button pops up when I type in any program: If I start typing in any software (i.e. Word, Outlook, even in this very window), the moment I type the letters "re", the Windows Search window pops up, hijacking the focus from whatever software I am using. It did it twice as I type this very message. This is very annoying...
  7. Fresh Windows 10 install - Start menu, Settings app, Search menu all cause VIDEO TDR...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Windows 10 install - Start menu, Settings app, Search menu all cause VIDEO TDR...: This is insane, ludicrous. I have just installed a new hard disk in a client's Toshiba Satellite L850, Intel i7, 16 GB RAM, intel graphics. I installed Windows 10, downloaded from the Microsoft site. After a successful install, I went straight to Start > Settings >...
  8. A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 News
    A look at Search changes in Windows 10 version 1903: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update yesterday on the November 2018 Patch Tuesday; while the update was delayed quite a bit because of issues that were not detected in time before it was published briefly on Windows Update, work on the next feature update continued...
  9. Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cortana Search Pop-Up while Bluetooth Speaker is On: Hi, I'm currently experiencing a bit of a strange problem. I have a Beoplay A1 speaker that I often use with my laptop running Windows 10, however while using it I will constantly be interrupted by a search box pop-up. I have been unable to identify why this is happening....
  10. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar not working: In the past when I would type the name of a program into the search bar (for example: "word"), the program would open. Now, when I do this, it searches the internet. How do I go back to the way it was? I can't find my programs now! Thank you in advance for your help....