Windows 10: windows search question?

Discus and support windows search question? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I found that if I have a file with name, for example 1234.mp4 then I 'll be able to find it with searching keyword 1234 but if a file is with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tsw88, May 15, 2019.

1. Tsw88 Win User

windows search question?

Hi

I found that if I have a file with name, for example 1234.mp4 then I 'll be able to find it with searching keyword 1234

but if a file is with name, for example a1234.mp4, and I search with keywords 1234, then I won't be able to find out the file.

Any way to fix this?

:)

Tsw88, May 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 search question

Hi Steve,

Typing in the search box will provide suggestions and answers to your questions, and search results from your PC and the web. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you make any changes on your PC before the issue started?
    • Have you tried searching different files and check if the issue persists?
    • Did you try to check if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    We also recommend that you follow these steps to run the
    Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to resolve issues with searching files in Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, May 15, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, May 15, 2019
  4. windows search question?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 15, 2019
Thema:

windows search question?

1. windows search question? - Similar Threads - search question

2. Icons missing in the search bar

in Cortana
    Icons missing in the search bar: I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10, version 1809, on my Lenovo Legion y520 IKBN and everything works fine except the fact that the icons for the Windows apps don't show up properly. I have updated just yesterday to ver. 1903 hoping that an update will fix the...
  3. Windows Searching

in Cortana
    Windows Searching: My Windows searching is not working anymore. When I try to search something, It shows blank and nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-searching/bcfdcce8-5ea6-4bfe-997b-03390432deb5"
  4. win10 1903 trying to set up search and encountering problems

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 1903 trying to set up search and encountering problems: Fresh install of 1903. I don't use cortana, and set it to not show on the taskbar. I click the magnifying glass "search" and see some stuff I have searched for just after install. I don't want history there. I went to "settings", "search" "permissions:.... and there is...
  5. You can now use Google Search, Maps or Assistant to order food

in Windows 10 News
    You can now use Google Search, Maps or Assistant to order food: French fries, lettuce wraps, massaman curry, chicken wings, cupcakes—I could go on. When I was pregnant with my son last year, my cravings were completely overpowering. Lucky for me, I didn’t have to jump into the car and go to my favorite restaurants to get my fill—food...
  6. Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Microsoft Search in Bing: Recently, you may have noticed some changes to the way Microsoft Search in Bing looks. We’ve made some improvements so using Office 365, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Search in Bing is more consistent and familiar. We’ve also redesigned work and web results to provide a...
  7. A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    A Couple of Brief Questions: Search Engines / Unplugged Laptop: 1. When I want to 'clean' my laptop, I often go to History and 'Clear History'. Then I scroll up to Manage Search Engines and there are 5, 6 , 8 different websites I have recently visited. I am confident they exist because my computer has picked up some cookies, but they are...
  8. Windows 10 Search Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Question: Sorry for asking about search here but I tried to find something on this but couldn't. When I do a Search Windows, I get limited results a few Best Match results, one folder and one or two documents. So where are the rest of the search results? Clicking on Search My Stuff...
  9. Junctions, Libraries for multiple drives, and search questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Junctions, Libraries for multiple drives, and search questions: My system has a secondary drive (E:, with the main Public folders on it, and I use Libraries to access it. Under Libraries\Documents, there are 2 folders: My Documents points to C:\Users\bbon\Documents, and Documents points to E:\Users\Public\Document. In the process of...
  10. Search file names question!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search file names question!: Hello! Currently, when I search within folders, it only searches the beginning of the file names. Is there a way to search within the file names? Like you can when you press ctrl + f in a body of text. Thank you!! 51660