Windows 10: Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

Discus and support Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input,... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PaulHB65, Mar 20, 2022.

1. PaulHB65 Win User

Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service is running. Things I've tried:SFC /scannow finds no problems.Windows troubleshooter finds no problems.I've tried restarting the Windows Explorer and WSearch and neither has helped.Manually running ctfmon.exe as an admin doesn't help.Adding a registry key to run ctfmon.exe on boot up doesn't help.I also rebuilt the wi

:)

PaulHB65, Mar 20, 2022

2. Quick Launch Tool Bar

Hi Seawell,

To get the Quick Launch toolbar back to your task bar, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the task bar.
    • Select Toolbars> New Toolbar.
    • Type C:\Users\(PRESENT ADMINISTRATOR)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    • Click Select folder.

Regarding your concern with pining apps to task bar, let us ask a few questions:

• What exactly happens when you try to pin programs to task bar? Are you getting any error messages?
    • Does this issue occur on all apps you try to pin?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings prior to the issue?

Try
    starting your computer in safe mode
    and check if you'll be able to pin the program there.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Mar 20, 2022
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 20, 2022
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working - Similar Threads - Search Quick Launch

2. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  3. Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search/Quick Launch Bar Not Working: Hello. I am having a problem Windows Search in W10. I keep Windows up to date. Recnetly the "Type Here To Search" box stopped allowing any input, either by typing or by ctrl-v pasting. Additionally, the Search process is not running in task manager, though the WSearch service...
  4. Windows Search bar not working, Windows Run not working, Files Quick Search not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Search bar not working, Windows Run not working, Files Quick Search not working: Hello, I’m trying to get my Windows Search bar to work but it won’t. I’ve tried the Power Shell commands. I then tried to go to the run window to put in CTFmon.exe but the run window won’t open. Instead I get an error with a solid red X in a circle. I tried following another...
  5. Quick search isn't available in search bar

in Cortana
    Quick search isn't available in search bar: I upgraded my Windows 10 to version 2004. but I still can't get quick search option in Windows search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-search-isnt-available-in-search-bar/4709c6f9-bd80-4dac-b9ea-536d99602088
  6. Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Quick Launch -tool bar: So basically I noticed that this nifty toolbar option see below does not work in Windows 10. Basically your items on the desktop populate and you can quickly navigate to and from different apps/shortcuts etc. When you try launching the toolbar and windows explorer just...
  7. Windows 10 keeps deleting the Quick Launch Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps deleting the Quick Launch Bar: I have a Quick Launch Bar like this in my Windows 10 1809 installation the folder path is C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch: [ATTACH] And it keeps getting deleted every time I log off and back in or when I shut my PC down and start it...
  8. Quick Access Search Bar Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Search Bar Not Working: When I search in file explorer, usually I can weed out certain file types quickly. Since I got my new computer, it’s not working consistently. Sometimes I search “videos” and nothing comes up even though there definitely are videos in that folder. I need this function to...
  9. Quick Launch stopped working.......

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch stopped working.......: Windows 10 version 1803. I've been running Windows 10 since it came out. And I ALWAYS had the Quick Launch on the task bar... Sat at the end of the task bar and made it easy to switch to the desktop............ Today, rebooted and Quick Launch is just 2 blank page icons,...
  10. Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot totally collapse quick launch bar: Hello, This is admittedly a pretty low priority thing, but has been annoying me none the less. I'm a big fan of the quick launch bar, and have successfully added it to my Windows 10 (Vers 1607) task bar. In Windows 7, I could collapse the quick launch bar fully, so that...