Windows 10: Windows search randomly stops working.

Discus and support Windows search randomly stops working. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, Windows search randomly stops working on my laptop running Windows 10 2004, but this is not a new problem for me. I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ParticularBird3, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Windows search randomly stops working.

As the title says, Windows search randomly stops working on my laptop running Windows 10 2004, but this is not a new problem for me. I have been experiencing this on 1903 and 1909 too. Finally, I did a fresh install a couple of months ago and things seemed to be fine for a while but eventually, it returned. What's weird is it starts working fine once I restart but again the problem returns in some time. I've tried every possible solution but to no avail. Surely I can't be the only one experiencing this?

submitted by /u/ParticularBird3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ParticularBird3, Oct 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 Search Stops Working

I am also having difficulties with the "search the web and Windows" bar next to the windows start button, your solution here "
    I suggest you try rebuilding the index and check if issue is resolved. To rebuild all the index, kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key, type Indexing and hit enter.
    • Click on Advanced button.
    • Click Rebuild under Troubleshooting section and click OK.
    • Try searching and see if issue is fixed." WILL NOT WORK as when I type in that search bar all I get is an empty white box.

KatNashRamblerkat, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Gainward Win User
    Logitech G930 randomly stops working?

Hi *Smile Windows search randomly stops working. :)

I've had G930 for over a year and it's been working quite well, but recently, it just randomly stops working! (it stops for 3-4 seconds and then start works again)
    I tried removing the driver and installing it again and still the same problem
    anyone who can help? *Frown Windows search randomly stops working. :(

Gainward, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Windows search randomly stops working.

Headphone stops working randomly.

Hi,

As per the description, the issue might be caused due to damage in the port. I suggest you to connect another headphone and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with the hardware.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows search randomly stops working.

1. Windows search randomly stops working. - Similar Threads - search randomly stops

2. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows search stopped working: Clicking the search icon in the task bar has no effect, also typing in start menu does nothing.Every time I click on the search icon a system error is logged in the event log:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  3. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: Clicking the search icon in the task bar has no effect, also typing in start menu does nothing.Every time I click on the search icon a system error is logged in the event log:Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  4. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  6. Windows search stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows search stopped working: hello everyone I am having immense problems with my search box in windows 10. I cannot type words within windows 10 search box on the desktop, in the search box in windows explorer on the top right, within sticky notes and also within settings menu. I have tried many many...
  7. Windows search stopped working

in Cortana
  8. Windows File Explorer, Windows Start Button and Windows Search Randomly Stops Working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows File Explorer, Windows Start Button and Windows Search Randomly Stops Working.: Hi, so for the past month or so I've been having quite a lot of issues with File explorer, windows start button and the windows search button, which are all in the taskbar. For some odd reason, ar random times they will simply stop work. I usually turn off my computer through...
  9. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working: So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research previously and found that running the .exe at this file path "fixes" it, except I'd have to do it each time the search bar stops...
  10. windows search box stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows search box stopped working: after the last windows 10 update my windows search box stopped workin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-box-stopped-working/8f66a1d6-8559-414a-8db7-bdbb644aa326