Windows 10: Windows Search Results keeps switching view

Discus and support Windows Search Results keeps switching view in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I really really hope someone can help me. My issue is that whenever I search for a file and it takes me to all my results, as soon as I double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by michaelswift, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Windows Search Results keeps switching view

Hi,

I really really hope someone can help me. My issue is that whenever I search for a file and it takes me to all my results, as soon as I double click a folder within the results it will take me to that particular folder and then after 1/2 second, it will automatically take me back to my search results. It's so annoying.

Even if I click on ‘downloads’ or ‘documents’ it still switches back to the search results window every time. I have to close the explorer window and start again.

I am running Windows 10 version 1909.

Many thanks

:)

michaelswift, Jan 13, 2020

2. Windows Search Results keeps switching view

Thanks for your reply. It's been happening ever since I updated to version 1909. If I made a search, for example, 'phonics', it will show the results for this in a list. Then if I open up a folder within the search results list, it will open it up and then search again automatically within that folder for 'phonics' again. Then if I click on documents or downloads or music in the navigation pane, it will keep searching for the word 'phonics' within that folder.

3. Windows Search Results keeps switching view

Hi,

I really really hope someone can help me. My issue is that whenever I search for a file and it takes me to all my results, as soon as I double click a folder within the results it will take me to that particular folder and then after 1/2 second, it will automatically take me back to my search results. It's so annoying.

Even if I click on ‘downloads’ or ‘documents’ it still switches back to the search results window every time. I have to close the explorer window and start again.

I am running Windows 10 version 1909.

Many thanks

4. Windows Search Results keeps switching view

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search Results keeps switching view

1. Windows Search Results keeps switching view - Similar Threads - Search Results keeps

2. Change default view for the search results

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default view for the search results: Is there a way to set thedefault view for the search results in file explorer without having to changeit every time I use the search feature? I would like the default view be for:1. Documents, not web. This should be the default view as oneonly need go to search engine for...
  3. search results to be in DETAILS view

in Windows 10 Support
    search results to be in DETAILS view: When I do a search, I want the results to be in DETAILS view instead of CONTENT view. How to make the change so that results always come up in details view? Win 10 165737
  4. Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results: When I search my Documents directory, I often get results from .css, .js etc when really all I want are folders, .html, .pdf How to I stop the .css, .js files appearing in the search results? I know I can apply filters afterwards but having to do so when all I want to do...
  5. Issue with file explorer search results content view

Issue with file explorer search results content view: I have an issue with the Windows search function. When I searched for file contents on a local machine, and go to the contents view I can see the preview of the content in the search result like so; [ATTACH] but when I try this on a network drive, the content preview is...
  6. Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Setting default view for Search results in File Explorer: Results show up in "Content" view by default, which is annoying for me and quite a few folks. To set the default view to "Details", add this registry key and values in HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\...
  7. Path Column as permanent view setting in the Search result in Windows 10

Path Column as permanent view setting in the Search result in Windows 10: When you search you always get the "Folder" Column. to Display the path you have to right click on the header and select more and select path. You have to do this everytime. Is there a regedit setting that makes that permanent? or is there another setting somewhere that makes...
  8. search results - cannot save view settings

in Windows 10 Support
    search results - cannot save view settings: Hi, I have to ask this because this is the most frustrating issue on Windows 10 to me. It really needs an update to fix this. When searching in a folder, the search results view is always "Content". If I want "Details" view, I have to change to "Details" after every...
  9. How to change default Folder View of Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default Folder View of Search Results: Hello, After installing an update a few days ago I am encountering a number of extremely annoying issues I didn't previously have. Whenever I use the Search Box in the File Explorer, it almost always displays the results using the "Content" view. If I switch it to my...
  10. Keeping search results open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keeping search results open: Hi, I hope I'm missing something here. Is there a way to keep the search results box open? If click away from the box it closes itself which not what I want to happen. Dave 32360