Windows 10: windows search service missing

Discus and support windows search service missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So i wanted to search a file with file explorer but apparently search indexing was turned off, so i went ahead and tried to turn it on, guess what i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MathiasVan Laere, May 4, 2020.

1. windows search service missing

So i wanted to search a file with file explorer but apparently search indexing was turned off, so i went ahead and tried to turn it on, guess what i couldn't, "modify" is greyed out and rebuild in the advanced tab does absolutely nothing. i looked it up and it seemed to have something to do with windows search service, i checked it out to see if it was running or had to be restarted, it wasn,t there the windows search service was not in the services.msc. What do i do now?

:)

MathiasVan Laere, May 4, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 4, 2020
  3. Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 4, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

windows search service missing

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, May 4, 2020
Thema:

windows search service missing

1. windows search service missing - Similar Threads - search service missing

2. Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Searching Index was turned off. Windows Index/Search Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  3. Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.

Searching Index was turned off. Index Service missing.: Good day!I have no idea why but my "Searching Index was turned off". When I try entering advanced settings, it says index is not running. I am not able to click anything else other than Advanced. In advanced, I also cannot press nothing other than rebuild index. I have tried...
  4. Windows Search Service

Windows Search Service: I was disabling some Windows services and accidentally disabled Windows Search, and I am unable to reactivate it. The message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner" appears. What do i do? Sorry if there's any word wrong,...
  5. Windows Search Services missing or deleted from my PC.

Windows Search Services missing or deleted from my PC.: So I can search certain things but generally the search feature doesn't work. It says indexing is turned off, however no locations are included and I'm unable to rebuild an index. After troubleshooting it says windows search service is not turned on, yet I can't find this...
  6. Windows services missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows services missing: with the whole Pso2 mess , now im having issues login into xbox live , resintalled xbox live , installed all the apps that are required to run it , i click sign in and nothing happens! , after wondering wth was going on , i noticed that in w10 services im supposed to have...
  7. Windows search not working windows search service is missing

in Cortana
    Windows search not working windows search service is missing: My windows search doesn't seem to be working. When I open start menu and start typing something to search, like calculator, or powerpoint, the results don't show. I've disabled the cloud feature but I think the local results should still be displayed. I tried rebuilding the...
  8. Missing service Windows Search, Cortana

in Cortana
    Missing service Windows Search, Cortana: Since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7, I had to upgrade to Windows 10. But my laptop is10 years old and it working very slowly. Now I'm using a light version of Windows 10 Enterprise, but Cortana has been removed from it, Windows Search also. When I press the Start...
  9. Service "Windows Search".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service "Windows Search".: # Hello everyone. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Insider Preview. Version: 1903 OS Compilation: 18965.1005 I have a problem: Clicking on the "magnifying glass" does nothing. Does not open the box. The "Service Windows", is activated. I appreciate help. Thank...
  10. No windows Search service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No windows Search service: I am running Windows 10 64-bit on an Dell Optiplex computer In File Explorer, every time I do a search, I get the error message: "Your searches might be slow because the index is not running. Click to turn on the Index". When I click it, nothing happens and I continue to...