Windows 10: Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

Discus and support Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index Failed to find gather Application: Windows Windows Search service terminated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Pinefang, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Pinefang Win User

Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index
    Failed to find gather Application: Windows
    Windows Search service terminated wit the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified.

I am getting these errors in the Event Viewer Windows logs under system
    Hope someone can help

:)

Pinefang, Sep 2, 2016
  2. pinarello Win User

Settings app hangs on storage and "apps and features"

Yes my first upgrade from Win8.1 was build 10240. Then just a few days ago I booted the 10586 build disc and did a fresh install of that build not keeping apps and settings, then went through the process of installing applications and setting everything
    up. One issue that remains is this one with Apps & Features and Storage (can access them in safe mode but not normal mode).

Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly [​IMG]

Disk 1&2 are mirrored. Disk3-6 is an internal multi card reader usb device currently with no cards plugged in.

I just booted to reply to your message and following the "7023 The Storage Service service terminated" error I've had a string of 7031 events with the exact same timestamp namely:

The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service terminated unexpectedly

The Device Association Service service terminated unexpectedly

The Human Interface Device Service service terminated unexpectedly

The HomeGroup Listener service terminated unexpectedly

The Network Connection Broker service terminated unexpectedly

The Program Compatibility Assistant Service service terminated unexpectedly.

The Superfetch service terminated unexpectedly.

The Distributed Link Tracking Client service terminated unexpectedly

The WLAN AutoConfig service terminated unexpectedly.

The Portable Device Enumerator Service service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework service terminated unexpectedly

I dont know if they are related but include in case they share some dependency that helps identify the issue.

pinarello, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Task Scheduler Service Stops Running By Itself

Running Windows 10 - 64Gb Ram, Intel 3.2Ghz Processor

I am using Backup4All to back up my computer. Starting about 1 week ago I am not getting any automatic backups because when the software tries, it says "Task Scheduler Not Running". I check and the service is stopped. If I start the service and start the
    same backup set manually, it works just fine. It seems to turn itself off at night.

I have checked the Event Viewer logs and there are some
    errors in the Windows-System Log - ALL at 11:20:04pm:

(The next closest event is at 8:08:34pm and is information - not an error)

"The Windows Update service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The Windows Management Instrumentation service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The Update Orchestrator Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The User Manager service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The Task Scheduler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The User Profile Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The Group Policy Client service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service."

"The Delivery Optimization service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s)."

"The Computer Browser service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service."

"The Application Information service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 4 time(s)."

Joel-Weisbrod, Sep 2, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Look at Control Panel / Indexing Options and check all is correct including the location of the index file - it sounds like the location is pointing to a non-existent folder/drive?

Steve C, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Search service terminated

2. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  3. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  4. Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly: Good evening, I keep getting a LOT of errors within EventVwr and suspect this is why my system locks up now and again, without any other error messages: The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error And The...
  5. The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.

The Energy Server Service queencreek service terminated unexpectedly.: What is this WARNING message that appears in Event Viewer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-energy-server-service-queencreek-service/ad99b9d3-173a-4b0e-abf3-1ab8ae652dc3
  6. The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly

The Windows Camera Frame Server service terminated unexpectedly: Windows 10 64-bit Pro, 20H2 Event viewer started to show this error many times today 9 times so far. In the middle, the system shuts down unexpected once. What could be the issue? How do I fix it? Thanks...
  7. Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly: Can start the service in services.msc but when it is required to do anything such as manage a printer, or try to add a printer, it will stop. Event ID 7034 - The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times. I have checked the dependencies and...
  8. "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly": Hi, It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all and just blame Microsoft....
  9. The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.: The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase). There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver,...
  10. Windows Search Service Terminated

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Search Service Terminated: Basic problem is slow start-up and very slow opening files and programs. Here is history of the computer... Original OS was Windows 7 Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, all worked OK Windows 10 updated with Anniversary Update, problem began I first looked in the System Log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The User Profile Service service terminated unexpectedly. upgrade 1809