Windows 10: Windows Search Services is not working

Discus and support Windows Search Services is not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Windows Search is showing service status as stopping. Restarting the device is not helping to resolve the issue [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Unik Wadhwani, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Windows Search Services is not working

Windows Search is showing service status as stopping.

Restarting the device is not helping to resolve the issue

Windows Search Services is not working 123dd3e0-66b1-443c-9841-05b1910c89ea?upload=true.png

:)

Unik Wadhwani, Mar 3, 2020

2. Search service not working (windows 10 pro)

My search service does not work at all - the reason seems to be "wrong data directory permissions". I tried all of the above methods without success.

What do I do now?

Thanks

PedroBilar, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Search service not working (windows 10 pro)

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the search and indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on the Indexing Options.

• Click on the Troubleshoot search and indexing.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to start the Windows Search Service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

• Type services.msc and hit Enter.

• Search for Windows Search.

• Double click on Windows Search and click on
        Start button.

• Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
        Automatic.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 3:

I suggest you to manually select the location in the Indexing options and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on Indexing Options and click on
      Modify button.

• Under Change selected locations check mark all the locations.

• Click on Ok and check if it works.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Windows Search Services is not working

Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows Search Services is not working

1. Windows Search Services is not working - Similar Threads - Search Services working

2. Windows Search service stopping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search service stopping: HI,I have using windows 11 and few days ago facing issue with search option in outlook.After investigating the problem I have get into notice that windows search service is stopping, because of that indexing option getting stopped.Please help me with the solution....
  3. Windows Search service stopping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search service stopping: HI,I have using windows 11 and few days ago facing issue with search option in outlook.After investigating the problem I have get into notice that windows search service is stopping, because of that indexing option getting stopped.Please help me with the solution....
  4. Windows Search Service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Service: I was disabling some Windows services and accidentally disabled Windows Search, and I am unable to reactivate it. The message "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner" appears. What do i do? Sorry if there's any word wrong,...
  5. Window search service not working on windows 10

in Cortana
    Window search service not working on windows 10: I've had this problem for a while now, The winodw search service wont work at all, All of the things i've looked up to fix it mostly used me typing into the start up bar to get to some apps, But i am unable to search anything on the start up bar. Is there any way to fix this?...
  6. Windows Search Service not starting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Service not starting: Hello, I am back with another issue. Windows search service does not start, the troubleshooter is unable to start it, and starting it in the services program, I get a error message. screenshots will be added How I found out it wasn't working in the first place was my...
  7. Searching service

in Cortana
    Searching service: Hi there, I have a problem with searching service in windows 10 version 1909. It has appeared right after I updated windows to version 1909. The problem is I can't search in files or anything in windows. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows search not working windows search service is missing

in Cortana
    Windows search not working windows search service is missing: My windows search doesn't seem to be working. When I open start menu and start typing something to search, like calculator, or powerpoint, the results don't show. I've disabled the cloud feature but I think the local results should still be displayed. I tried rebuilding the...
  9. Service "Windows Search".

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service "Windows Search".: # Hello everyone. I have Windows 10 Pro for Workstation Insider Preview. Version: 1903 OS Compilation: 18965.1005 I have a problem: Clicking on the "magnifying glass" does nothing. Does not open the box. The "Service Windows", is activated. I appreciate help. Thank...
  10. No windows Search service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No windows Search service: I am running Windows 10 64-bit on an Dell Optiplex computer In File Explorer, every time I do a search, I get the error message: "Your searches might be slow because the index is not running. Click to turn on the Index". When I click it, nothing happens and I continue to...