Windows 10: Windows Search - set default to details

Discus and support Windows Search - set default to details in Cortana to solve the problem; We have a customer who wants their Windows Search results set to details by default. Outlook 365 The default is content for search results and the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Greg Estall-Meah, May 29, 2019.

1. Windows Search - set default to details

We have a customer who wants their Windows Search results set to details by default.

Outlook 365

The default is content for search results and the customer has to reset each time to Details.

This can be managed by changing the registry but then is reset after Windows updates has been run.

this can also be managed on each folder but again is reset on Outlook restart

We are running Windows 10, 1903, with Office 365 installed.

They also have around 100 sub folders within Outlook and the customer is not keen on changing for each folder within Outlook

Does anyone know how to set the default search results to details without changing the registry and stopping it resetting back to Content on each Outlook restart

:)

Greg Estall-Meah, May 29, 2019

2. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 29, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Search - set default to details :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 29, 2019
  4. Windows Search - set default to details

Unable to set up Google as default search engine in Windows Edge

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to set Google as default search engine. Here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows Search - set default to details

1. Windows Search - set default to details - Similar Threads - Search set default

2. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default details when search: Thanks for your response, please can you confirm that within Windows Explorer it is possible to change the default view for 'Search Results'? This is not related to Outlook. Your response above suggest that this is possible? ---- The question has been asked but not answered...
  3. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default details when search: Thanks for your response, please can you confirm that within Windows Explorer it is possible to change the default view for 'Search Results'? This is not related to Outlook. Your response above suggest that this is possible? ---- The question has been asked but not answered...
  4. Default details when search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Set default in File Explorer to List or Details View in Windows 10: On my computer, File Explorer in Windows 10 defaults to the icons view. That is useful sometimes, but by default, I want File Explorer to permanently open documents to List View except for Pictures. How can I set the default view to List View?By default, when I open File...
  6. How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS

in Windows 10 Support
    How to set default SEARCH view to DETAILS: I do many file/folder searches in my work and the search result view is always CONTENT. I would like my default search view to always be DETAIL? Windows 10 pro Any help for this would be appreciated. Thank you 163751
  7. Setting defaults for folder details

Setting defaults for folder details: Hallo, Is it possible to set default settings for folders. There is a button which increases column size to contents but this deactivates as soon as you leave the folder. Can you set a default so that the folder automatically sets the column widths. Thank you for your...
  8. Detail tabs defaults

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Detail tabs defaults: Hey everyone! I am an audio engineer and I find really annoying that when in list mode Windows automatically defaults the detail tabs to "Contributing artist, #, Album, etc...". Is there any way to permanently change this to something more useful, say "Date modified"...
  9. Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View)

Change the Default Search View to Detail View (not Content View): When I do a search, I want the default view of the results to be the detailed view. How do I change the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-search-view-to-detail-view-not/8d2eb719-0ee7-466c-87c5-30878be8656f
  10. Windows 10 Aniv (or older) Search Details view setting not persistent

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Aniv (or older) Search Details view setting not persistent: I really like the details view. The File Explorer Details view works great on all folders. However when ever I search (which windows search sucks and is another story) it always REVERTS back to the CONTENT view, even though I set it to show DETAILS. I could not find a way for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set windows search results to details by default