Windows 10: Windows search shows deleted programs and files. Please help

Discus and support Windows search shows deleted programs and files. Please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever i search for stuff it always shows deleted programs and if i update a program and it has the same name it won't let me open it since it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ChloeLikesDucks, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Windows search shows deleted programs and files. Please help

Whenever i search for stuff it always shows deleted programs and if i update a program and it has the same name it won't let me open it since it just shows the old deleted program.

Examples: https://imgur.com/xueb9YI

I've tried rebuilding the index following a tutorial from a windows vista post and it hasn't made a difference. It's been like this for months now.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/ChloeLikesDucks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ChloeLikesDucks, Feb 28, 2020

2. Where do ati drivers go by default??

i shoulda stated, i went through the registries and deleted a bunch of strings as per Erockers thread showing step by step what to delet and from where. thanks mussles ill search the windows update files.

overclocking101, Feb 28, 2020
  3. KBD
    KBD Win User
    Plz recomend program to recover deleted files.

Let me try what you guys suggested, i am willing to pay for the program to get the files back.

4. Nergal Win User

Windows search shows deleted programs and files. Please help

App for deleting files while being used by another process...

Most of the time, booting in safe mode, as administrator, will enable you to remove those files (maps).

however, there are some programs out there to do just whatyou ask, I once found one after some searching on google. So either try my suggestion, or in fact search on google perhaps?

"Force delete" will bring up enough info on this.

Nergal, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows search shows deleted programs and files. Please help

1. Windows search shows deleted programs and files. Please help - Similar Threads - search shows deleted

2. Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer: Hi all,I am running Win 10, 64 bit home, latest update. I have deleted a large number of files and also emptied the recycle bin. They hav e been deleted from my backup drives.However, when I run a search in File Explorer for one of those files, it shows in the search but will...
  3. Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer: Hi all,I am running Win 10, 64 bit home, latest update. I have deleted a large number of files and also emptied the recycle bin. They hav e been deleted from my backup drives.However, when I run a search in File Explorer for one of those files, it shows in the search but will...
  4. Deleted file showing in search in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After reinstall windows and deleted the old program files, the program files keep showing...

After reinstall windows and deleted the old program files, the program files keep showing...: thid is the error message. But i already deleted the windows.old files, why this is still showing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-reinstall-windows-and-deleted-the-old/c71f5ee2-3af7-4a22-995f-67d08457214f
  6. Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!

Can't Delete Corrupted File??? Please help!: I was messing around with a random file I had on my pc, it was an important file to the pc and the pc still functions fine. While i was messing around, I renamed it to have .zip at the end. It wasn't working anymore, so I just decided to delete it. It gave me the notification...
  7. Unable To Delete Files. Please Help

Unable To Delete Files. Please Help: I want Mcafee off my computer but it says theres an error when I try to uninstall it. see pic I tried to delete the folder but it said I needed administrator permission to delete it. I then created an administrator login and logged in under it but it still says I dont have...
  8. Windows 10 Search Not Showing Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search Not Showing Program Files: My search is working perfectly fine, however I keep most of my files in program files or program files (x86) and search is not showing my folders. It takes me minutes to go to file explorer and to navigate there. I want to have faster access to this so please offer your...
  9. Windows search not showing anything. Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not showing anything. Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hesommernes [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f600ww/windows_search_not_showing_anything_please_help/
  10. please help files deleted!

in Windows 10 Support
    please help files deleted!: i really have done a big mistake,so recently i booted my pc into ubuntu to try it out and selected delete all files and install. There were actually 4 partitions which got deleted and came back into one and i had all pictures,videos and more stuff like that so i thought it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 search shows deleted