Windows 10: windows search shows old apps

Discus and support windows search shows old apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used a program to remove built in apps like groove music and edge yet they still show up in the search results. Nothing happens when I click on them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Torrentula81, Apr 13, 2017.

1. windows search shows old apps

I used a program to remove built in apps like groove music and edge yet they still show up in the search results. Nothing happens when I click on them but how can remove them from the search results?

:)

Torrentula81, Apr 13, 2017

2. Still shows old Display language in search

Hi,

I appreciate your further assistance.

I've restarted it after changing the display language, after changing to Local account and Microsoft account as well.

Now I did SFC scan as you mention before and I restarted the PC. There were no errors and "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" Message appeared after the scan. and after the restart, It seems the issue persists.

I would appreciate if I could get your further assistance.

Thank You.

SupunLakmina, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Still shows old Display language in search

Hi,

To better assist you, let us know if you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue.

I would suggest you to try switching the Microsoft account to a local account and then back to Microsoft account and check if it helps. The steps are given below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "accounts" and click "your account" on the left pane.

3. Click "sign in with a local account instead" and follow the screen instructions.

4. Once you are signed in through the local account, follow step 1 and 2 and click "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" and enter your Microsoft account credentials during the setup.

5. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

windows search shows old apps

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  5. I know older versions of windows that is true but not helping me here.

Torrentula81, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows search shows old apps

1. windows search shows old apps - Similar Threads - search shows old

2. Windows Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 pc is showing apps in search that are uninstalled. I uninstalled the app below but it still shows it in my search. when I click it it doesnt open. Any fix for this? I have tried restarting the search service but that didn't work. I feel like what will fix...
  3. Windows Search showing uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search showing uninstalled apps: so my windows 10 pc is showing apps in search that are uninstalled. I uninstalled the app below but it still shows it in my search. when I click it it doesnt open. Any fix for this? I have tried restarting the search service but that didn't work. I feel like what will fix...
  4. Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.

Windows Search not showing Apps thumbnails.: Hi, I've been facing this issue since almost a year, Whenever I search an app in the search bar it doesn't show the thumbnail of the app. Its very annoying.Kindly help me....
  5. Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps: The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually added the start menu folder AGAIN to the Windows indexing location and rebuilt the index but it still doesn't work. Running...
  6. Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Search showing old, deleted apps and not showing newly installed apps: The search shows old and uninstalled apps but not the newly installed apps, they are present in the start menu but don't come in search. I manually added the start menu folder AGAIN to the Windows indexing location and rebuilt the index but it still doesn't work. Running...
  7. Windows Search not showing apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search not showing apps: So this is really annoying, I have had several windows machines in the past and this keeps coming up but never found a solution for it. When I search an application, might it be a game or a tool or any software that wasn't pre installed into the machine, in the windows search...
  8. Windows search not showing settings or apps

Windows search not showing settings or apps: I recently updated to V 2004 and so far I had no issues whatsoever and kept doing what I usually did normally. One day when I booted, I went to search for a specific setting only to discover that nothing showed up except some random files that had the letters I typed in. Even...
  9. App searches still show old icons

App searches still show old icons: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/VincentJoshuaET [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ftewvf/app_searches_still_show_old_icons/
  10. Old files not showing up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Old files not showing up in Windows Search: Hello everyone! Recently I have bought a new SSD drive and I decided not to clone the old drive, but to install a new system (Windows 10). Everything is fine, except that when I try to use Windows Search for old files that are on my other two drives they don't appear (also...