Windows 10: windows search shows old apps

Discus and support windows search shows old apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used a program to remove built in apps like groove music and edge yet they still show up in the search results. Nothing happens when I click on them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Torrentula81, Apr 13, 2017.

1. windows search shows old apps

I used a program to remove built in apps like groove music and edge yet they still show up in the search results. Nothing happens when I click on them but how can remove them from the search results?

:)

Torrentula81, Apr 13, 2017

2. Still shows old Display language in search

Hi,

I appreciate your further assistance.

I've restarted it after changing the display language, after changing to Local account and Microsoft account as well.

Now I did SFC scan as you mention before and I restarted the PC. There were no errors and "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations" Message appeared after the scan. and after the restart, It seems the issue persists.

I would appreciate if I could get your further assistance.

Thank You.

SupunLakmina, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Still shows old Display language in search

Hi,

To better assist you, let us know if you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue.

I would suggest you to try switching the Microsoft account to a local account and then back to Microsoft account and check if it helps. The steps are given below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open settings.

2. Click "accounts" and click "your account" on the left pane.

3. Click "sign in with a local account instead" and follow the screen instructions.

4. Once you are signed in through the local account, follow step 1 and 2 and click "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" and enter your Microsoft account credentials during the setup.

5. Check if the issue persists.

Let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Apr 13, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

windows search shows old apps

Brink, Apr 13, 2017
  5. I know older versions of windows that is true but not helping me here.

Torrentula81, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows search shows old apps

1. windows search shows old apps - Similar Threads - search shows old

2. "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search

in Cortana
    "Cortana & Search settings" not showing up in windows search: I am trying to disable bing results when I search using the windows 10 search bar. Every article I have found saying how to do this says that I must search "cortana" in the search bar and click on the result that says "Cortana & Search settings". However, there is no result...
  3. Reverting to old search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverting to old search bar: Hi, My search bar changed to a new form (see picture below) without my intervention. How can I reduce its size (around the size of the box that shows when you click on the Cortana button)? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  4. App Icons won't show in search menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    App Icons won't show in search menu: So I have this issue where the app icons is showing me this black 'X' in the search menu. I tried changing display setting, select 125% scalling and back to 100% but it seems doesn't work. is there anyway to fix this? [ATTACH]...
  5. Old files not showing up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Old files not showing up in Windows Search: Hello everyone! Recently I have bought a new SSD drive and I decided not to clone the old drive, but to install a new system (Windows 10). Everything is fine, except that when I try to use Windows Search for old files that are on my other two drives they don't appear (also...
  6. Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search does not show icons for metro apps: Hi everyone, I'm having a relatively annoying problem which I think should never happen in a good operating system. As the title already tells, the cortana search box does not display proper icon for all the metro apps or the modern settings as can be seen from the...
  7. Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search

Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search: When using the Start Menu to search something that has been uninstalled, it still shows up there. It does nothing when pressed, and right-clicking doesn't work, even after reinstalling the app. The apps are present for all users. I tried searching for the links in...
  8. Some installed apps don't show in search for Win10

Some installed apps don't show in search for Win10: I re-installed Windows about 2 weeks ago and have been having this issue since then. Some apps show up when I search for them in the win10 start menu. Some apps don't. I have Program Files and Program Files (x86) selected under Indexing Options from Control Panel. Index is...
  9. Start menu search does not show installed apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu search does not show installed apps: My start menu does not show any installed apps such as VLC, steam or you name it. It does show up things like calculator but for the most part it does not show any installed apps. I did not mess with the indexing option and dont know what im missing here. How do I have my...
  10. Search not showing results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not showing results: Hi. Anyone know how to fix the search function in Windows 10? It's not showing any results. So far I already tried the following but to no avail. Rebuild indexing, scannow cmd, chdsk /r,. 10886