Windows 10: Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

Discus and support Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anonymous110022, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving up:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-cortana-are-not-workingcrashing/71235f48-8e8c-473d-938e-13e278b4a02bIt also appears I can't create new profiles, but I did manage to make one 2 years ago and noticed the issues did not happen there it was another admin profile. In the meantime I forgot the password to the working profile.I'm currently running:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H2 Insta

:)

Anonymous110022, Nov 3, 2022

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Nov 4, 2022
  3. Bill A57 Win User
    Windows 10 Start Menu, search and Cortana still not functioning correctly

I had some issues with Start Menu not functioning. this was solved in a post by a Microsoft Engineer Giridhar J. However, although the Start menu is now functioning along with the notifications. there are some glitches still.

I cannot pin folders to the start menu. Search and Cortana still does not work properly. Search is glitchy at best having to click on the start button then immediately click in the search box for it to work. Cortana does not work and is not listed as a app
    any more.

Any suggestions?

here is a screen shot of the start options

Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately. e74c651a-d870-41fe-86bc-aa4b64133493.jpg

Bill A57, Nov 4, 2022
  4. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

Start Menu Search

Hi, Yes. I tried changing my primary SSD from MBR to GPT via Ease Us Partition Tool. All my other drives besides the main successfully converted but not my primary disk. When the application was trying to convert the disk I received a Kernal In Page Error.
    Hope this helps!

Heavenless, Nov 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

1. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately. - Similar Threads - search start menu

2. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

in Cortana
    Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.: I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving...
  3. Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search, start menu search, Cortana, and calendar crashing immediately.: I've had this problem for about 2 years now, live with it, but now I'm in the mood to try fixing it again.I previously attempted to fix it through this thread before giving...
  4. Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar, Start menu,search And cortana are not working: So I logged on my pc And i noticed all icons in task bar are gone so when i try to click the start menu its not working And when i put my cursor on the search My cursor becomes the loading thingyI tried restarting file explorer and it didnt workHelp...
  5. i can't search immediately on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    i can't search immediately on start menu: Hi, in past , when I opened start menu ,I could search among its apps by typing keys on the keyboard. but now , I lost this good ability, and i can't search immediately on start menu , how I can retrieve back this start menu's feature ?...
  6. Windows Search & Cortana are not working/crashing immediately

in Cortana
    Windows Search & Cortana are not working/crashing immediately: Hello, I've had this issue for a few weeks now. The first sympthom was my inability to type anything in start menu, which is how I usually run my programs. Next I noticed I can't search in the file explorer. Trying to type in the search bar causes it to flicker, no text...
  7. Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu

in Cortana
    Start, Cortana,Edge & Search Menu: Hi, can anyone help me out with this? Start, Cortana, Edge & Search Menu are no longer working correctly after downloading Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.329 32 bitX64 for 86 based systems(KB 4512941) Aug 30 update. I've still got the start button & search bar but it...
  8. cortana search box and start menu optimization

in Cortana
    cortana search box and start menu optimization: Hi, Just suggesting the option to pin (or add) the cortana search box to the tile side of the start menu. ie. click start, input goes to cortana search box within start menu, enter search, all or half of tile side turn into regular cortana search menu with results. tbh I'm...
  9. Web searches, Start menu and Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Web searches, Start menu and Cortana: Hi In Windows 10 v1511, how am I supposed to disable the Web searches from the Start menu, but I would also like Cortana continued to use the Web for research? Thanks Bye 44451
  10. Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu and Search/Cortana do not function: Sometimes Start menu and Search/Cortana buttons become frozen and only after hard boot they work. 19756