Windows 10: Windows search still shows non installed programs

Discus and support Windows search still shows non installed programs in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, My laptop has an issue where it doesn't remove nonexistent programs from Windows search. It currently runs Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by FPSUsername, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Windows search still shows non installed programs

Hello,

My laptop has an issue where it doesn't remove nonexistent programs from Windows search.

It currently runs Windows 10 Enterprise version 20H2 build 19042.844.

What I tried so far:

• Reinstall the program and remove it.
    • Clean the registry using CCleaner and regscanner.
    • Clean the hard drive of any mentions of these programs.
    • Rebuild index in indexing options.
    • Completely disable windows search through services.msc.
    • SFC /Scannow and the DISM.exe commands.
    • Major windows updates often those fix issues, but not this one.

As you can see in the screenshot, the program not a uwp app, literally an old school .exe install of a program is not installed seen through Geek uninstaller and the windows settings app.

I cannot click on them as it does nothing left or right mouse click.

Windows search still shows non installed programs f931ed30-1df0-4a5f-8278-2c7d715aac9a?upload=true.png

I get the feeling that there's some database file keeping these entries and perhaps it has been blocked by something perhaps permissions or something else.

What can I do to fix this, EXCEPT reinstall Windows OR create a new user account and move everything because the latter rarely fixes stuff.

:)

FPSUsername, Mar 5, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 5, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Windows search still shows non installed programs

Search for installed updates

Go to add/remove programs and enable showing of Windows updates

eidairaman1, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows search still shows non installed programs

1. Windows search still shows non installed programs - Similar Threads - search still shows

2. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  3. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  4. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Programs still showing in search after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Programs still showing in search after Uninstall: When I Uninstall Programs it is still in search, but without an Icon. Because when i Uninstalled OneDrive from my computer and many other programs it showed still the programs in the search bar. Like this https://imgur.com/a/8K7H403 I don't know why this happens every time...
  6. Programs still showing in search after Uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs still showing in search after Uninstall: When I Uninstall Programs it is still in search, but without an Icon. Because when i Uninstalled OneDrive from my computer and many other programs it showed still the programs in the search bar. Like this https://imgur.com/a/8K7H403 I don't know why this happens every time...
  7. Programs still showing in search after Uninstall

8. Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalled program still shows up in Windows Search: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_Just-Another-Person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m77ogn/uninstalled_program_still_shows_up_in_windows/
  9. issues with installed programs not showing up in search

issues with installed programs not showing up in search: I have found a few threads on here and other sites to try and fix it, but no such luck. I am not hitting that old 512 app limit, as I only have 242 installed: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-StartApps | measure Count : 242 Average : Sum : Maximum : Minimum : Property...
  10. Still no program search support in Start menu search

in Windows 10 Support
    Still no program search support in Start menu search: I'm still having to use Stardock Start10 to use the keyboard to find non-store-app programs. Whenever I use the native Start menu and use the keyboard to enter the non-store-app program name it only finds useless hits among documents and junk (I have Bing disabled otherwise...