Windows 10: Windows search tool bar - change search service

Discus and support Windows search tool bar - change search service in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I change which service my windows search uses? My default browser is set to Chrome and my default search is set to Duck Duck Go, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LaraVanLoo, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Windows search tool bar - change search service

How can I change which service my windows search uses? My default browser is set to Chrome and my default search is set to Duck Duck Go, but when I use the search toolbar it brings up Edge and Bing. Please help, it's driving me crazy.

:)

LaraVanLoo, Aug 4, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

Change windows search box size in Windows 10 tool bar.

Hi salim, welcome to tenforums.com! Windows search tool bar - change search service :)

Right click your taskbar and hover on Search/Cortana and choose one of the three options:

Windows search tool bar - change search service [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 4, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Windows search tool bar - change search service

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows search tool bar - change search service

1. Windows search tool bar - change search service - Similar Threads - search tool bar

2. Windows Search Bar Variant Changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Bar Variant Changed: I updated to new version and the search bar changed. I love the first search bar, i can still use old one but it uses third party app which I don't like so request to Microsoft that they fix this problem soon.Thanks....
  3. Windows Search Bar Variant Changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Bar Variant Changed: I updated to new version and the search bar changed. I love the first search bar, i can still use old one but it uses third party app which I don't like so request to Microsoft that they fix this problem soon.Thanks....
  4. searching for a tool to change title bar and boarder colours

in Windows 10 Customization
    searching for a tool to change title bar and boarder colours: i used to have a customization tool that allowed me to change in depth colours like the title bar that worked with high contrast mode but i just cant remember the name of it. in fact i dont even remember if it was a 3rd party tool i downloaded or a setting i changed in...
  5. Windows Search Tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search Tool?: Hey All Can anyone recommend a good tool to search for everything in widows? I want to be able to find document titles, and text in documents, on local drives and the mapped drives connected to my Synology NAS. Thanks submitted by /u/Suninmoon [link] [comments]...
  6. search in tool bar not working

in Cortana
    search in tool bar not working: For reasons unknown the search function is not responding, it won't even allow me to type anything in the search box. I have tried trouble shooting and reindexing but no change. When trouble shooting I received the error message "authorisations incorrectes sur les repertoires...
  7. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  8. Search bar size change

in Cortana
    Search bar size change: Just updated to 1903 version of windows from a 1709 or 1703 ( i don't remember which). And I am not really a fan of the size change of the search bar. Is there any way to reduce its size? Previous build size (which i liked): [ATTACH] Current build size (not a fan):...
  9. Search Tool

in Cortana
    Search Tool: Hi I can not find the contents in pdf file by using Forder Exploer. Please support !!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-tool/bd9e22d5-e567-4149-812c-24131ad9e50a"
  10. Change windows search box size in Windows 10 tool bar.

in Windows 10 Support
    Change windows search box size in Windows 10 tool bar.: The "Search the web and windows" is take up a lot of space on my tool bar. See image in attachment to see the box am talking about. I believe there is a way to minimize its size; but I don't know how. Please suggest possible solution towards the situation. Thanks. 27518