Windows 10: Windows Search Unresponsive

Discus and support Windows Search Unresponsive in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm having a strange issue with my new Lenovo Legion 5 15" laptop. Since I set it up yesterday, I have been unable to access the Start menu and File... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LRitzdorf, Dec 18, 2020.

1. LRitzdorf Win User

Windows Search Unresponsive

I'm having a strange issue with my new Lenovo Legion 5 15" laptop. Since I set it up yesterday, I have been unable to access the Start menu and File Explorer search bars. Specifically, neither of these two search functions respond in any way when triggered. Clicking in either box does nothing. The Start search box does not activate as usual upon pressing the Start/Windows key. The Win + S shortcut, which usually opens the search pane directly, also fails to respond.

In addition, none of the troubleshooting strategies described in Microsoft's official documentation for search issues https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...ell-experience/fix-problems-in-windows-search have had any discernable impact, including the Powershell script to completely reset Search.

Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

LRitzdorf, Dec 18, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 18, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Keyboard unresponsive after update to Windows 10 version 1073

Hi,

One possible reason why your keyboard is slow and unresponsive after an update may be due to driver incompatibility. As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to resolve this issue. Kindly follow the steps
    below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the prompts.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Dec 18, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Windows Search Unresponsive - Similar Threads - Search Unresponsive

2. How Do I Fix Unresponsive Windows Logo + Search Bar In Taskbar Plus Windows Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Fix Unresponsive Windows Logo + Search Bar In Taskbar Plus Windows Key Not Working?: I’ve been having an issue recently where I can access all the apps on my taskbar but I’m unable to access the windows logo and search bar as when I click on them nothing happens. Also when I click the windows key on my keyboard nothing happens either. I am currently unable to...
  3. How Do I Fix Unresponsive Windows Logo + Search Bar In Taskbar Plus Windows Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Fix Unresponsive Windows Logo + Search Bar In Taskbar Plus Windows Key Not Working?: I’ve been having an issue recently where I can access all the apps on my taskbar but I’m unable to access the windows logo and search bar as when I click on them nothing happens. Also when I click the windows key on my keyboard nothing happens either. I am currently unable to...
  4. How Do I Fix Unresponsive Windows Logo + Search Bar In Taskbar Plus Windows Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu & Search Bar Unresponsive after Opening an App

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu & Search Bar Unresponsive after Opening an App: Hello there, I am having trouble with the start menu on my Windows 10 PC, I normally play games a lot on my computer, and one day I started up a game, and it normally puts me into Fullscreen mode. As the game was loading, the taskbar restarted itself, after playing the game...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu & Search Bar Unresponsive after Opening an App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Start Menu & Search Bar Unresponsive after Opening an App: Hello there, I am having trouble with the start menu on my Windows 10 PC, I normally play games a lot on my computer, and one day I started up a game, and it normally puts me into Fullscreen mode. As the game was loading, the taskbar restarted itself, after playing the game...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu & Search Bar Unresponsive after Opening an App

8. Windows 10 start menu and search menu unresponsive and Outook and Teams are disconnected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 start menu and search menu unresponsive and Outook and Teams are disconnected: Hello All,I have multiple installs of Windows 10 with Start Menu and Search Menu not responding and at the same time Outlook and Teams are disconnected.Any thoughts?Many thanks...
  9. Windows 10 start menu and search menu unresponsive and Outook and Teams are disconnected

Windows 10 start menu and search menu unresponsive and Outook and Teams are disconnected: Hello All,I have multiple installs of Windows 10 with Start Menu and Search Menu not responding and at the same time Outlook and Teams are disconnected.Any thoughts?Many thanks...
  10. Windows 10 start menu and search menu unresponsive and Outook and Teams are disconnected

in Windows 10 Customization