Windows 10: Windows Search. Why did you break something that worked perfectly before?

Discus and support Windows Search. Why did you break something that worked perfectly before? in Cortana to solve the problem; I know this has been covered but I felt the need to chime in with my 2 cents on a thread that's not locked So back in the XP days, you had a little... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jazzmankg, Dec 18, 2020.

1. jazzmankg Win User

Windows Search. Why did you break something that worked perfectly before?

I know this has been covered but I felt the need to chime in with my 2 cents on a thread that's not locked

So back in the XP days, you had a little Dog that found everything. You could classify the type, size and whatever else you needed in a very easy interface and it would return the file immediately

At some point you decided to take something that worked and break it and make it more difficult and replace this with an-indexed folder Quick access?- which often doesn't find the file you worked on. If you do an open search on your PC, forget it you get the dreaded green bar that says "Working on it......." Go grab lunch and ... and an extra coffee. Even a simple search like xlsx modified yesterday. If you're like me, the file can be anywhere, the desktop, downloads folder, my desktop. Sure I could be organized but c'mon this is why we have computers:

Don't expect a worthwhile answer. Just a hope that a Microsoft Engineer would have pity on the millions of users that just make do with what once was a great Windows feature

:)

jazzmankg, Dec 18, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Dec 18, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Hitesh12 Win User

Cannot search in a specific folder [Windows 10]

THANKS A LOT !!

This worked like a charm. Now search is working perfectly

Thanks a lot Ruth, really appreciate your help

Hitesh12, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Search. Why did you break something that worked perfectly before? - Similar Threads - Search Why did

2. Why did you guys break powershell scripts from running on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did you guys break powershell scripts from running on Windows 11?: Even when I run Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass I still have my scripts failing to run if I close out of the PowerShell window I ran this command in. This should persist until the computer is told otherwise, and the fact that it does not work this...
  3. Why did you guys break powershell scripts from running on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did you guys break powershell scripts from running on Windows 11?: Even when I run Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope Process -ExecutionPolicy Bypass I still have my scripts failing to run if I close out of the PowerShell window I ran this command in. This should persist until the computer is told otherwise, and the fact that it does not work this...
  4. why did microsoft break my perfectly working windows media drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why did microsoft break my perfectly working windows media drive?: I'm so utterly disgusted & disappointed with Microsoft as things with these horrible Windows 10 Updates only continue to get worse as time goes by & not better as updates are supposed to improve the security & or glitches, but Microsoft's Updates continue to get progressively...
  5. why did microsoft break my perfectly working windows media drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why did microsoft break my perfectly working windows media drive?: I'm so utterly disgusted & disappointed with Microsoft as things with these horrible Windows 10 Updates only continue to get worse as time goes by & not better as updates are supposed to improve the security & or glitches, but Microsoft's Updates continue to get progressively...
  6. why did microsoft break my perfectly working windows media drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Search bar isn't working perfectly

in Cortana
    Search bar isn't working perfectly: Whenever I type anything on search bar it turns blank,this issue is occuring from the time I had updated to 20h2,recently I had contacted my pc manufacturerHP as my pc was under warranty.After many remote test my hp agents,they send HP engineer to my home,to check my...
  8. Did the latest update break something with peripherals?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did the latest update break something with peripherals?: Just updated to windows 20H2, after postponing it for several weeks, first thing i noticed was that some older games would lock their fps when i connected either my keyboard or mouse.Cpu: ryzen 3 2200u 2 cores 4 threads @2.5ghzRam: DDR4 2x4Gb 2400mhzKeyboard: Logitech k120...
  9. why did you break my audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why did you break my audio: your stupid mandatory update broke my headset and does not allow any sound to come through my speakers any more i would like a full refund to my account or this fixed immediately....
  10. Why did you break snip and sketch?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why did you break snip and sketch?: App is now non-functional. Send feedback is also failed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-did-you-break-snip-and-sketch/e432e6e6-559d-4bbf-bfce-5f26457318a9