Windows 10: Windows search wont find everything.

Discus and support Windows search wont find everything. in Cortana to solve the problem; My windows search wont find some things, for example when I search for "Steam" it comes up with "Steam Tile" from the windows store and wants me to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Couffe, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Couffe Win User

Windows search wont find everything.

My windows search wont find some things, for example when I search for "Steam" it comes up with "Steam Tile" from the windows store and wants me to install it.

:)

Couffe, Feb 23, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 23, 2019
  4. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

1. Windows search wont find everything. - Similar Threads - search wont find

2. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Cortana
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  3. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search: In Explorer when you want to look for something, it uses Windows Search which is very slow. I've looked at Everything Search and Anytxt Search which are faster but are not integrated into Explorer. Is there any way I can force explorer to use their search instead and show the...
  4. Replace Windows Search with Everything Search/Anytxt Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  6. Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender finds everything is a virus :: After the update to Windows 10, 2004 version, Windows Defender finds everything is a virus. Even some empty folders haha,Amd program and much more important programs.. so i must delete Windows Defender now, makes me loosing my time!...
  7. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...
  8. windows 10 wont find update and wont reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 wont find update and wont reset: so i have more problems, it freezes when i click on view update history, it wont download anything from the microsoft store, and to be more exact with the update error is 0x80080005 so i dont know what to do...
  9. Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything: So, recently finally updated to Windows 10. Yeah, I know, I'm late. I have this folder \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\KenStuff in which I have a bunch of shortcuts. and some RDP connection files. In Windows 7 when I searched the start bar and typed,...
  10. Windows Search Not finding anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Not finding anything: In my taskbar my SearchUI.exe file is showing suspended. I am not able to solve it from any method I have tried alot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-not-finding-anything/26db598e-e2b2-40a3-98a7-84d9c1e38ec5