Windows 10: Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files

Discus and support Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi all. Suddenly when I search a folder and all subfolders for *.* or *.odt it won't find them based on date modified but instead based on date... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by hylen, Feb 17, 2022.

1. hylen Win User

Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files

Hi all. Suddenly when I search a folder and all subfolders for *.* or *.odt it won't find them based on date modified but instead based on date created. Very unhelpful. This doesn't appear to be the case for other filetypes. Not only that but search WILL find them on a thumb drive connected to the same computer.I ran the troubleshooter and it claimed that something was fixed but it made no difference. Yes, I am using an older version of OpenOffice. Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 to be exact. I don't want to update it because I know it will change all my settings and macros etc. Also, it was working

:)

hylen, Feb 17, 2022
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 17, 2022
  3. eidairaman1, Feb 17, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Feb 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files - Similar Threads - Search Won't Find

2. Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files: Hi all. Suddenly when I search a folder and all subfolders for *.* or *.odt it won't find them based on date modified but instead based on date created. Very unhelpful. This doesn't appear to be the case for other filetypes. Not only that but search WILL find them on a thumb...
  3. Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Won't Find Recent Files: Hi all. Suddenly when I search a folder and all subfolders for *.* or *.odt it won't find them based on date modified but instead based on date created. Very unhelpful. This doesn't appear to be the case for other filetypes. Not only that but search WILL find them on a thumb...
  4. Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently: Hello,My Windows Search has become very hit-or-miss lately. In general, I think it finds most files from 2020 and previous and it doesn't seem to have issues with files in my Downloads folder. But when it comes to My Documents which I renamed due to a corporate policy issue -...
  5. Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently: Hello,My Windows Search has become very hit-or-miss lately. In general, I think it finds most files from 2020 and previous and it doesn't seem to have issues with files in my Downloads folder. But when it comes to My Documents which I renamed due to a corporate policy issue -...
  6. Windows Search not finding some files unless they've been opened recently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Search Not Finding Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Not Finding Files: Windows 10 Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042,1052) I've always had problem with searching files. If I "search this PC" and type in a folder or file name, nothing ever comes up. It just says "working on it" forever as the little bar moves. If I search a specific folder, sometimes...
  8. Windows Search not finding file that IS there!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search not finding file that IS there!: Hi, I'm very confused.. I am looking for any files on my computer that have "Hybrid - Analog Women" in the name, no matter what the file extension is. I know for a fact that there is one called Hybrid - Analog Women.nksn on one of my drives yet it is returning "No items match...
  9. Windows search won't find certain files

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search won't find certain files: I'm having a strange issue with Windows search. I have a folder with dozens of articles saved in PDF format. If I open the folder and use the search bar to find a particular file by name it shows zero results. If I navigate to the immediate outer folder in which the article...
  10. Search won't find .mp4 file even though it is there

in Windows 10 Support
    Search won't find .mp4 file even though it is there: When I search for *.mp4 in Public Folders > Video, the results don't show the file. The problem is the file is in there. When I search *.* in Public Folders it is not shown either. When I search the entire C: drive, though, it shows up in the Public Folders > Video...