Windows 10: Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

Discus and support Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M0ran0, Jun 22, 2022.

1. M0ran0 Win User

Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined so badly since Windows 7? What have the developers been doing?How do I fix this?

:)

M0ran0, Jun 22, 2022

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 22, 2022
  3. No Office 2007 apps in Windows 10?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

We can find the Office apps either by searching for it by name or we can find the apps in
    all programs.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click on Start > All apps, and scroll to the Microsoft Office product group.
    • To open Office applications faster, pin them to your Start screen or the taskbar on your desktop. Right-click each application’s name and choose either
      Pin to Start or Pin to Taskbar.
    For more information, I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps.

Can't find Office applications in Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7?

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 22, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps - Similar Threads - Search Won't Let

2. The search won't let me type anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The search won't let me type anything: I restarted my computer after installing iTunes and now it won't let me type in the search box in the start menu. If anyone knows what that means or needs any clarification, let me know. Thank you. submitted by /u/MotesBro [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps: I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined...
  4. Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search Won't Let Me Open Office Apps: I have had an issue with windows search where I am unable to open Microsoft office apps. Not only that, but the search results are inconsistent with what is actually installed on the PC. Many installed apps just don't show up when I search for them.How did things get ruined...
  5. Windows search won't let me type

in Cortana
    Windows search won't let me type: Since the most recent June windows update I have been unable to click the search menu. Same goes for windows explorer, can't even highlight the search box to begin to type. Tried rolling back the update and going back but settings say I can't do that either...I've searched...
  6. Windows won't let me update system or open any apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won't let me update system or open any apps: Hello. I recently got this problem where my windows won't update at all even when I manually click updates. Also, I open apps and I'm told it doesn't open with my version. I am currently running Windows 10 pro 20H2. I have tried doing things like changing the owner name of my...
  7. wont let me open office app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wont let me open office app: It shows I'm logged into microsoft account and its working, when I try to open up an excel worksheet, tells me I have an error. I then have to delete it from my PC and then add it back on, this has been happening for a month now....
  8. Windows won't let me install an app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows won't let me install an app: I have windows 10. I'm trying to install an app and when I click on the install file I get a big red box that says "Malicious file" and then "this application may cause damage to your device. Sensitive personal data may also be at risk. More info. I select "More Info" and...
  9. Windows App file will not let me open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows App file will not let me open it: I want to get into the Windows App file, but it says I do not have permission to access the file, and to go to the security settings. I went there to grant myself access, but it won't let me. How do I get access to this file? Also, how can I change which drive it saves to?...
  10. It won't let me search on the index bar.

in Cortana
    It won't let me search on the index bar.: Hello, so when I want to type anything on they index searching it won't let me every time when I want to type it won't show the letters. Is it a bug? is it repairable? OR is it something that happened while updating windows?...