Windows 10: Windows search

Discus and support Windows search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I use search (magnifying icon) I enter my query (for example 'file') I get a list of matches, I then select the category 'Documents' I can now see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robgr, Jul 10, 2019 at 1:37 PM.

1. robgr Win User

Windows search

When I use search (magnifying icon) I enter my query (for example 'file')
    I get a list of matches, I then select the category 'Documents'
    I can now see a list of all items that have 'file' either in their filename or contained within the file
    I select a document and choose open but it's the wrong document
    How do I get back to the earlier list of matches without having to re-enter the search query?
    Is there a search history and if so where is it and how do I utilise it?

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. fussybob Win User

Windows search

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

Thema:

Windows search

1. Windows search - Similar Threads - search

2. Windows search is oppening on a new window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows search is oppening on a new window: I'm sorry if this is the wrong place. So, before my windows search was looking normal, but after my computer coming back from the fatory, the windows came weird. Before when I searched something on the menu, it would look like pic [1], but now it pops up in a different...
  3. Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...

in Cortana
    Windows file explorer search results -- I want search results to show a preview of my...: Hello, I recently got a new computer and I am having trouble with the search results in windows file explorer. I changed the indexing settings so I am able to search the contents of the files. However, the results only highlight my search term in the document's path...
  4. Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop: Over the next couple weeks we’re rolling out a redesigned News tab in Search on desktop. The refreshed design makes publisher names more prominent and organizes articles more clearly to help you find the news you need. Check it out: Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on...
  5. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.: I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the file by the file's name. Even when I put in the full name with extension, it will not find the file. The tool hasn't worked...
  6. File Explorer Closes after search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Closes after search: How do I fix the problem of File Explorer closing at the end of a search? File Explorer in Windows 10 Pro closes all open file explorer windows when a search ends....
  7. A look at VX Search, a desktop search program for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    A look at VX Search, a desktop search program for Windows: VX Search is a powerful desktop search program for Windows that is available as a free version and commercial versions. Windows Search, the built-in search function of the Windows operating system, does not have the best of reputations. While it is good enough for launching...
  8. Search for Windows 10 I:ages

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Search for Windows 10 I:ages: Hello When I power on my Windws 10 Pro computer, an image is dsplayed before anythinh happens This image chages from time to time I like them *Smile and would like to know where they are located on my computer I searched in different folders but did not find them *Sad...
  9. Search for Windows 10 I:ages

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for Windows 10 I:ages: Hello When I power on my Windws 10 Pro computer, an image is dsplayed before anythinh happens This image chages from time to time I like them *Smile and would like to know where they are located on my computer I searched in different folders but did not find them *Sad...
  10. Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903: Windows menu button, task bar and search bar have become unresponsive after installing 1903. I regularly try to update my machine, ( toshiba z30c, 8gb, 256gb, i5 ) however after installing 1903 the taskbar, windows menu button and search bar have become unresponsive. I have...