Windows 10: Windows Secruity OPening files may be harmful

Discus and support Windows Secruity OPening files may be harmful in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have W10 pro Build 17134. Norton anti virus installed and just did a scan which only found cookies. Also Defender indicates that there are no... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by surfer10k, Sep 14, 2018.

1. surfer10k Win User

Windows Secruity OPening files may be harmful

I have W10 pro Build 17134.

Norton anti virus installed and just did a scan which only found cookies.

Also Defender indicates that there are no problems.

I have two drives installed, C: for windows. D: for the data files.

On my desktop (DWindows Secruity OPening files may be harmful :) I have my data folder which when opened shows the folders on my D: disk.

Since this morning when I try to open my Data folder, I get a message stating "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer"

"Your internet security settings blocked one or more files..."

This folder is on a local disk.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Rob

:)

surfer10k, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Windows Secruity OPening files may be harmful

trendnet secruity cameras

trendnet secruity cameras will not load after upgrading to windows 10, will not accept user name and password.

RudolphLiddell, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows Secruity OPening files may be harmful

1. Windows Secruity OPening files may be harmful - Similar Threads - Secruity OPening files

2. about secruity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about secruity: Dear people tell me inbuild microsoft defender Gives 360 protection not need any Third party antivirus for my pc REPLY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-secruity/e1dd251e-9916-4dbb-beb2-beba4b354874
  3. about secruity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about secruity: Dear people tell me inbuild microsoft defender Gives 360 protection not need any Third party antivirus for my pc REPLY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-secruity/e1dd251e-9916-4dbb-beb2-beba4b354874
  4. about secruity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Opening these files might be harmful to your computer" message and programs not wanting to...: About 2 months ago got this pop up when I try to do anything with a zip file and I don't know how to get rid of this message or how it even happened in the first place. Also some programs after this pop up appeared only open or save progress only when I open the program in...
  6. The file you are attempting to preview may harm your computer. ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The file you are attempting to preview may harm your computer. ..: The file you are attempting to preview may harm your computer. ..How do I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-file-you-are-attempting-to-preview-may-harm/da3b36f7-5ded-4ba3-af21-fb80420cb5c4
  7. Opening these files may be harmful to your computer

Opening these files may be harmful to your computer: Today I downloaded about 20 songs from the internet. I scanned them using Windows Defender and the anti-virus software I use" Kaspersky Internet Security". Both of them found no treats. I want to move them to another folder. When I right clicked on them after selecting them...
  8. Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of: Warning: "These files may be harmful to your computer": I have a Network with a WinXP computer & a Win10 computer. I have shortcuts on each desktop to copy files that I use frequently back & forth. When I'm on my Win10 computer & copy certain files from Win10 to WinXP, I get the warning "These files may be harmful to your...
  9. These files might be harmful to your computer

These files might be harmful to your computer: I transferred some of my files from my phone to my hard drive, but once I sorted and transferred those files to the folders a warning always shows up. No virus or anything on my Windows 10 laptop and this warning is already grating on my nerves. What can I do about it? Thanks...
  10. Is it harmful to change ownership of a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it harmful to change ownership of a file?: Hello, I have a question regarding taking ownership of an executable that is in the WindowsApps folder in Program Files. I want to take ownership of it so I can make it launch at startup every time I boot up Windows. That's because for some reason, putting a shortcut of...