Windows 10: Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing

Discus and support Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ok so earlier today I was doing windows security scans just as a precaution I do every once in a while when a weird thing happened, while the bar was... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Toxic Coffee, May 9, 2021.

1. Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing

Ok so earlier today I was doing windows security scans just as a precaution I do every once in a while when a weird thing happened, while the bar was relatively near the end it abruptly "completed" it. And my first thought was, "oh the loading bar must've just lagged a bit," but the issue is when it finished it says that the files scanned were significantly less than what it showed while doing the scan, Example: during a scan it will say 17000ish files scanned but before it finishes it will "complete" and say that only like 12000ish were scanned it

:)

Toxic Coffee, May 9, 2021

2. Window Defeder Full Scan doesnot finish

Original title: Window Defeder Full Scan

Why Windows Defender most of the time doesn't finishes up the Full Scan? It ends abruptly before completing checking all the files, almost at the end of the scan. Thank you.

NidiaFabal, May 9, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows Security Virus Scan

Please confirm you don't have a list like this:

Windows Security  abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing [​IMG]

e.g. from here (or via the control panel):

Windows Security  abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing [​IMG]

If not, suggests deeper problems. To which uninstall option are you referring? (A picture is worth...)

dalchina, May 9, 2021
  4. Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing

Windows Security Virus Scan

Yes that's exactly what I have. If you notice there is an uninstall option next to organize if you scroll to other updates ie. office, but it will disappear once you scroll to the latest updates.

stealth2920, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing

1. Windows Security abruptly "completes" its scans despite not actually finishing - Similar Threads - Security abruptly completes

2. Security scan not completing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security scan not completing: The weekly security scan never completes. I have to use task manger to 'End task'. Monthly report say's 'no files scanned'. I've tried the turn it off and turn it on again and that made no difference....
  3. Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete

Security Essentials Quick Scan will not complete: How do I fix this, it just keeps spinning. I have Windows 10S. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-essentials-quick-scan-will-not-complete/80a3e010-8eed-4fa1-b4df-29ff171d08af
  4. CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan

CURIOUS about Windows insisting on finishing a scan: Greetings, I've been noticing something for years but it's not really an issue. Per se. But I want to ask if anybody knows if my observation is accurate. For instance -- -- whenever I get a bad feeling I've visited a mean website, I reboot and run a Defender scan. But not...
  5. Windows Defender won't finish scan

Windows Defender won't finish scan: I hope I don't forget anything. I was watching NASA live on YouTube. One of my messages was deleted. I sent another but someone else's name appeared. I was frightened so I quickly closed YouTube and then went on to restart my pc. When it came back on I tried to run a scan...
  6. Windows security scan

Windows security scan: Hi all, Recently I ran my windows security scanner and noticed that my internet connection suddenly disappeared at some point during the scan. The same thing happened when I ran McAfee so I was wondering whether this is normal for the scanning process. as it is not...
  7. Abrupt failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Abrupt failure: When switching on the PC, It works as it is perfect. But after sometime the screen displays the message " Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are just collecting the some error info and we'll restart for you ".Please suggest me a solution....
  8. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  9. Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete

Windows 10 Professional - Quick Scan Windows Security Does Not Complete: Hi, I am the admin of a Windows 10 Pro machine, not on a company network. Windows Security Quick Scan will not complete. I have tried a number of suggestions that I have seen online and nothing seems to work. I can run the offline scan, and all is good. I have also...
  10. My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32?

My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32?: My McAfee security scan will not complete due to C:\Windows\System32? I believe part of it lost during Windows 10 upload or update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mcafee-security-scan-will-not-complete-due-to/8b3abe82-d8c0-4c45-bcd7-c8d2e4a00c0d"