Windows 10: Windows Security Acting Strange

Discus and support Windows Security Acting Strange in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out: I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/laffy_tacky, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Windows Security Acting Strange

Running into a strange bug with Windows security that I haven't been able to figure out:

I have Windows security active on my PC, nothing out of the ordinary there. With a recent update Windows security has been informing me when it blocks changes to the system. These blocks include programs that I am installing from legitimate safe sources. No big deal, I would just go into protection history and allow the change.

The bug started the other day where every time I go to access to the protection history page it just crashes out and closes. Plus, during the brief moment that the protection history page is open there is no list.

So now in order to install any program I have to manually toggle Windows security off, and then back on after the installation. This is also affecting many other programs I use day to day when they are running processes in the background.

It's strange because this just happened out of the blue and I haven't been able to find an obvious solution. Resetting is my last resort option, not that it's a big deal just a pain in the ass the I am hoping to avoid.

submitted by /u/laffy_tacky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/laffy_tacky, Dec 31, 2020
  2. abrogard Win User

Windows Explorer acting strangely..

Thanks for the thought.

Just this morning, right now, I saw it opened on 'quick access' (fortunately not hanging this time) even though I've tried to disable that so I had a sudden thought and went into the view stuff again and sure enough found right at the top a choice of where explorer should open: 'quick access' or 'this pc'.

So I have set it for 'this pc' and maybe that'll be the fix.

Windows Security Acting Strange [​IMG]

and while I was sticking that screenshot in this post I noticed explorer opened with this date grouping thing again, which I hate and I thought I had removed.... I'll try again...

Windows Security Acting Strange [​IMG]

wouldn't it be good if we could get up a sort of list, like a spreadsheet list maybe, listing down the column all the nonstandards features we've either chosen to implement or MS has stuck in there for us or third party software has put in.... with columns across the sheet detailing what it does and how/if it is necessary for this or that or nothing and enabling us to simply put a checkmark in a cell and have the feature disabled?

Maybe even a cell at the top we can check and have the whole sheet go back to basic default?

Windows Security Acting Strange :)

abrogard, Dec 31, 2020
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Windows Security Acting Strange

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Security Acting Strange

1. Windows Security Acting Strange - Similar Threads - Security Acting Strange

2. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer acting strange: There seems to be something blocking my input. When I hear a chime that a device has been plugged in my mouse and keyboard stop functioning like normal. Once this chime is heard the computer will not even accept input from the on screen keyboard. When I try to use a right...
  3. Computer acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer acting strange: Recently I've had a very strange issue with my computer. Upon booting up it will not accept most input from my keyboard or mouse. What's so odd about it is that some things will work and some things won't. If I don't put in my PIN number quick enough and the keyboard stops...
  4. Display acting strange

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display acting strange: I’m not sure what these lines mean, if anyone can help that’d be really nice, before i reset I tried changing drivers and it did not work. The lines do not appear in bios though....
  5. Windows apps acting strange

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows apps acting strange: Latley Ive had in issue with windows apps acting strange This is only in windows apps, Start Menu, Settings, Xbox Ive linked a video to showcase the issue https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SXs2wztCGS71yZ4WsClB9_ciYVse01-l/view?usp=sharing...
  6. keyboard acting strange

keyboard acting strange: when typing cursor jumps when i type letter d and when i type = i get extra characters =; i also get the number lock turn on when i type . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-acting-strange/e5d21a57-2fd7-4648-86d0-4f2f58e0e9da
  7. desktop acting strange

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop acting strange: It is as if the devil took my working desktop w/ w10, cntl/alt del wont bring up task master. web sites change font size if I try to scroll using mouse wheel. cortina wont input. the list goes on and on. And then if i wait long enough, (10 -20 minutes) things start working....
  8. Mouse acting strange

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse acting strange: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/goreidea [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iobg9i/mouse_acting_strange/
  9. Windows Explorer acting strangely..

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer acting strangely..: Explorer annoyed me with it's quick access thing making me wait and grouping things the way it wants and effectively putting things out of sight... so I disabled it via the view/options thing. and that worked for maybe ten minutes. Until I next shut down windows explorer...
  10. DVD IS ACTING STRANGE

DVD IS ACTING STRANGE: HI I JUST PURCHASED A NEW HP ELITE X2 1012 G2. I HAVE A PLUG AND PLAY LG DVD DRIVE. I PLUG IT IN AND WINDOWS SEES IT THEN I PUT THE DVD IN. THE WINDOWS SAYS IT NEEDS A PLAYER FROM THE STORE. SO I DOWNLOADED THE PLAYER AND IT STILL WANTS A PLAYER? I WENT INTO THE PLAYER AND...