Windows 10: Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help

Discus and support Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After latest update my Windows Security says add bluetooth and pair. I don't use bluetooth and the item it was paired with I don't have on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerseyFran, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help

After latest update my Windows Security says add bluetooth and pair. I don't use bluetooth and the item it was paired with I don't have on my computer. Please advise.

:)

JerseyFran, Feb 12, 2021
  2. Tobbe Win User

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help :(

Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware

System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition

Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet.

Here is the problem.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 (from windows 8.1) on a 2 month old laptop. On previous version there were NO problems with bluetooth. The problems started immediately after upgrade.

When the upgrade finished Windows 10 remembered all of my previous Bluetooth pairs. My bluetooth mouse (Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition) worked before the installation but after my system reboot the cursor no longer showed movement. The batteries are new. The mouse is acting exactly like it does when it is properly connected (lights flash, makes scrolling sounds, etc). When I checked the Bluetooth device screen it still showed as paired. I rebooted. No change. So I unpaired the device. When I unpaired the device it flashed for a second as a possible device to pair with and then was no longer on the list. Other possible devices to pair with appear and disappear from the list without cause. (Ex. sees a scanner for a few seconds then no longer has a scanner. Sometimes its up for a few minutes at most but the list is constantly flickering.) So I rebooted. Then it did not see the mouse at all. I did this for several days. Sometimes when I would turn on my laptop it would flicker, sometimes it would not. After about 3 days with no explanation it suddenly showed up and did not flicker. I connected the mouse and it worked for about 2 days. On the 3rd day I tried again, and the cursor would no longer respond even though the mouse was acting exactly the same. I rebooted. No change. I unpaired the device and it never showed up on the list. It's flickered a few times but when I click on it to pair it pops up with an error basically saying "cannot pair. Please check and see if the device is still set to connect to bluetooth." That is only on the rare occasion that it actually shows up on the list long enough to hit pair (maybe 2 times out of 50 attempts or more.)

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'd like to try everything in order that someone else would try to see if I'm missing something.

It is a Microsoft mouse by all means it should work on Microsoft drivers. :/ Arg. Please give any suggestions to help.

tashaestein1, Feb 12, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help

NFC Forum and Bluetooth SIG Publish Developers Guide to Use NFC for Bluetooth Pairing

The NFC Forum, a non-profit industry association that advances the use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, and the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG), the trade association responsible for the development, promotion and protection of the Bluetooth specification, today announced the publication of Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC. The new document provides developers with examples of how to implement Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing (SSP) using NFC to take maximum advantage of both technologies when they are present in the same device. The publication is available for free download.

Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing Using NFC describes the interaction of Bluetooth technology and NFC during SSP in detail and provides examples of both negotiated and static handover in the most feasible use cases involving both technologies. Developers will find the examples useful guides for their own work, including:
    • Pairing devices with little or no user interface (such as headsets and pedometers) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices with extensive user interfaces (such as cars) to smartphones
    • Pairing devices such as TVs and smartphones to share photos or to use the phone as a remote control
    "Since its founding, the NFC Forum has worked hard to advance the market for NFC solutions – first by creating 16 technical specifications, and now, through collaboration with groups such as the Bluetooth SIG, to guide the development of solutions that build upon those specifications," said Koichi Tagawa, chairman of the NFC Forum. "Working with the globally recognized and embedded Bluetooth standard makes perfect sense for NFC. It reaffirms our commitment to broadening the commercialization of NFC solutions and providing new benefits to consumers."

"With over four billion Bluetooth technology enabled devices in market today and nearly two billion coming online in 2011 alone, Bluetooth technology has massive scale, support and runway for aggressive growth, and we're excited to help developers leverage NFC in the right scenarios," said Michael Foley, Ph.D., executive director, Bluetooth SIG. "The beauty of this collaboration is that the SIG, working with the NFC Forum, provides developers with even more design options for connecting Bluetooth devices. For those scenarios that make sense, and where both technologies are available, designing with Bluetooth Secure Simple Pairing using NFC should further empower developers to create great consumer experiences."

NFC Forum Application Documents are informative technical documents designed to promote NFC solutions in vertical markets and to foster best practices, by describing proposed solutions based on NFC Forum specifications.

The developers guide document can be accessed here (PDF).

btarunr, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help

1. Windows Security - action needed - Bluetooth not paired - don't have = help - Similar Threads - Security action needed

2. Bluetooth headphones say they have paired but have not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones say they have paired but have not.: I recently just had this issue where my headphones refuse to connect to my laptop running Windows 11. The computer will say it has successfully paired and connected to the headphones but the headphones continue to search for devices to pair with, not acknowledging the...
  3. Bluetooth headphones say they have paired but have not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones say they have paired but have not.: I recently just had this issue where my headphones refuse to connect to my laptop running Windows 11. The computer will say it has successfully paired and connected to the headphones but the headphones continue to search for devices to pair with, not acknowledging the...
  4. Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Tray "Action Recommended" But Windows Security Say No Action Needed: So I just noticed that there is a yellow error on the Windows Security Tray and it says "Action Recommended" but when I open the windows security app there is no action needed. I need help.Currently Using Windows 11 21H2 22000.856...
  5. Bluetooth device paired but not connected HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth device paired but not connected HELP: Hello, since I did the last win10 updateI'm having a problem connecting bluetooth audio device headphonesAfter an in-depth search on the internet there are endless attemptsRemoving installing updating drivers, replacing a bluetooth device so it is not a problem with this...
  6. Need app to pair security cameras

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need app to pair security cameras: Have windows 10 PC. What is the best app to get to install and pair Wi-Fi security cameras? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-app-to-pair-security-cameras/60fb66b8-fa61-4b7c-9546-82aaee422943
  7. Device "Disconnect" action fails on a paired Bluetooth speaker

Device "Disconnect" action fails on a paired Bluetooth speaker: There is an error in the bluetooth connection management or setings. When you "Disconnect" from a bluetooth audio device, for some reason, Windows will re-connect to it over time, randomly. It causes critical failures - as the speaker starts playing loud music suddenly,...
  8. Bluetooth - PC and phone pairs but don't connect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth - PC and phone pairs but don't connect: I can pair the PC with the phone, but not way that after linking to connect both. I already tried clearing the Bluetooth cache in the phone, and also updating and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver of the PC. As curiosity, after paring, in the PC instead of one paired...
  9. Windows Security action needed problem

Windows Security action needed problem: hello my windows defender give me notification again and again action needed in my pc when i open defender and click on take action and remove it it's show again the same think i manually find action needed file but there is no file found on path please help me to solve...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center action needed?

Windows Defender Security Center action needed?: I have just completed a fresh install of Windows 10, and lo and behold I have a security issue that requires action. Only the issue does not present itself. How do I make that little red X go away? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...