Windows 10: Windows Security Adware Threat

Discus and support Windows Security Adware Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not understand this...I am using Firefox with the STRICT setting to block ads and trackers, and how come this sneaked onto my system? Should I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by win10freak, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Windows Security Adware Threat

I do not understand this...I am using Firefox with the STRICT setting to block ads and trackers, and how come this sneaked onto my system? Should I still consider reinstalling Windows or just leave it since Defender was able to remove it? UPDATE >> Ok, so looks like it was not coming from Firefox, but coming from MS Edge - I attached another image to see. The only thing that I am confused about, is as to why this has been detected just now since I just started using Firefox a few days ago. But then again, right before the Full Scan, Defender warned me that I needed to Scan my system. So, in that case, I may have used Edge before this thing sneaked into my system. And by the way, Edge is also set to level of STRICT under the Privacy and Security page...So I do not get why I got this.

:)

win10freak, Jun 25, 2021

2. security threat

Biswa66,

Please stay with this thread
    security threat
    try the suggestions and

post your results.

Don't start yet another new thread about this

hacktool: win32/autokms issue.

Don

Don Varnau, Jun 25, 2021
  3. Adware Troubles

You can do it. Follow the steps here.

Remove Gen:Variant.Adware virus (Easy Removal Guide)

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. You might be able to skip the step with HitmanPro. (30 day free trial if needed)

Bruce Hagen, Jun 25, 2021
  4. Biswa66 Win User

Windows Security Adware Threat

security threat

* Merged *

tried all possible steps. no resul defender security centre continues to give notification about the same threat again again C:\Windows\Temp\SppExtComObjHook.dll.. when try to find this
    path it shows nothing is there in c drive like that. tell me how can I get rid of it?

Biswa66, Jun 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows Security Adware Threat

1. Windows Security Adware Threat - Similar Threads - Security Adware Threat

2. SECURITY THREAT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURITY THREAT: I was just on a random site, and I got this message saying "Important security message: Your computer has been locked. Your IP address was used without your knowledge for consent to visit website that contains identity theft virus. To unlock your computer, call support...
  3. SECURITY THREAT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SECURITY THREAT: I was just on a random site, and I got this message saying "Important security message: Your computer has been locked. Your IP address was used without your knowledge for consent to visit website that contains identity theft virus. To unlock your computer, call support...
  4. SECURITY THREAT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Adware

Adware: Please help! Urgent!Adwcleaner found 6 items!Pup. Optional Assistant 1 itemPup.optional.Legacy 4 itemsPup.optional.mediaget 1 itemWhen I press next, I see preinstalled software which comes from Acer.I dont know what to do!Help me delete! Please help!!...
  6. ADWARE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADWARE: HiIs there a safe free ad ware removal toolThank youTIMMYM 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adware/3436222a-43ee-4884-b391-80b20e823a11
  7. Adware

Adware: after each scan, I get a notice that 'adware: win32/coupons' is a threat. either the scan doesn't remove it after trying to do so after i hit 'start actions in windows security, or this adware just keeps popping up over and over again...how do I get rid of it? Malwarebytes...
  8. Adware

Adware: I cannot delete this adware from my hard drive even though Window Security block it. Ronald https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/adware/713d063a-5ee9-4fe5-a127-09109d29fa3a
  9. security threat

security threat: is danielgm.net cloudcompare software a security threat ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/security-threat/19808438-5e63-49d1-9f2b-fb3787d79e78
  10. Adware

Adware: i m facing serious adware problem. redirecting webpage automatically, opening new browser windows and many more.... tried many things but not helping that much those are coming back again... any permanent or solid solution??? 39218