Windows 10: Windows Security Alert

Discus and support Windows Security Alert in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received the following popup. Is it safe? Windows Security Alert Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KelbyTarpley, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Windows Security Alert

I received the following popup. Is it safe?

Windows Security Alert

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app

Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of Host Process for Setting Synchronization of all public and private networks.

Name: Host Process for Setting Synchronization

Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Path: C:\windows\system32\settingsynchost.exe

Allow Host Process for Setting Synchronization to communicate on these networks:

___Private networks, such as home or work network

_X_Public networks, such as those in airports and coffee shops(not recommended because these networks often have little or no security)

:)

KelbyTarpley, Oct 4, 2019

2. pop-ups security alerts

Tried everything that was suggested . Still getting security alerts ( even while reading the e-mail from this issue .Also .when I tried to enter command prompt as was suggested on this .
    • Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type cd/.
    • Press Enter.
    • Type "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff.
    • Press Enter.
    • This did not go through .I forget the answer it gave ?
    • But nothing happened to change the fact I get security alerts ( in all I.E 11 , yahoo.ca.com/ my home page & Facebook ) in fact on any page I open .So annoying .I click esc, it stops and comes right back on my screen .Also tried the internet
      settings suggested on tools .Dated Aug,20.2017. Thank you .

leonormarie, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Oct 4, 2019
  4. dencal Win User
Thema:

Windows Security Alert

1. Windows Security Alert - Similar Threads - Security Alert

2. My computer is telling me I need to call 844-492-1010 a security alert. Who do I call? I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is telling me I need to call 844-492-1010 a security alert. Who do I call? I...: What’s the real Microsoft Windows number? Who do I get a hold of about this defender security thing popping up on my computer asking me to call 844-492-1010....
  3. My computer is telling me I need to call 844-492-1010 a security alert. Who do I call? I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is telling me I need to call 844-492-1010 a security alert. Who do I call? I...: What’s the real Microsoft Windows number? Who do I get a hold of about this defender security thing popping up on my computer asking me to call 844-492-1010....
  4. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  5. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.: Computer is locked with MicroSoft security alert. I have Chrome OS. I tried control shift escape but nothing happened. It didn't open task manager. The number to call listed as 877 570 7676. Lots of flashing.. and voice encouraging me to not shut down, etc. How do I get out...
  6. Computer locked with Microsoft security alert.

7. device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection: device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-security-alert-windows-security-action/b40fc6db-d3a8-423d-9467-dc9292ec9248
  8. device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection

device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection: device security alert windows security action recommended - virus & threat protection https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-security-alert-windows-security-action/b40fc6db-d3a8-423d-9467-dc9292ec9248
  9. Security alert email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...
  10. Security alert email

Security alert email: I received a security alert email that said someone was trying to access my account and urged me to click on a link to recover my account. I need to know if it is legitimate. How do I report it ?...